2011 Electrical fault gremlins
07-31-2017, (Subject: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins ) 
RE: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins
I have seen a few prostars where the gauge cluster freaks out.

* First of all, replace ALL of the tiny little red fuses in the far left of the fuse panel. They don't go bad but the blades all tarnish after a year or 2 and create just those types of issues. I think mine were 5-amp each, and I replaed them all with 10-amp fuses. I mention this in detail here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

* Next is the fact that prostars are very very notorious for leaks at the joint where the top dome meets the cab. That groove just above the doors that runs all the way around the cab. Everyone swears they do not leak from there but they all do it. FILL THAT JOINT COMPLETELY -- 100% WITH SILICONE AND SEAL IT OFF 100%. It will take a good 3-4 caulking guns worth of silicone. SEAL IT OFF!, and especially well in the front area. This is where they all leak and moisture gets in. It then runs down wiring harnesses and down the left/right side under the plastic trim of the interior of the cab next to the windshield, and even drips and pours water into the gauge clusters, into your CB radio at the top sometimes, it follows wiring harnesses and then you get water into connectors and sometimes the fuse panel too. It can also short out a compass module and even if you don't have the compass module, it will short out the wiring for it that is tucked in behind everything. -- SEAL THAT DOME OFF !!! 100%!!!> ALL THE WAY AROUND!

./uploads/201707/post_2_1501479707_c7c1ed47a814e8ff67caf080b361deb4.jpg

* LAST! -- GET A VOLTAGE GAUGE and put it in the dash somewhere. A USB charger with a voltage readout on it, -- anything. -- Here is one i like a lot --> https://amzn.to/2JcRSus

* When your alternator starts to get weak, it will spike voltage in the heavy rain. If it is doing this, it can destroy a lot of electronics including ECM, cab controllers, ABS controllers, Dash cluster, and a lot of other expensive things. Keep an eye on Voltage levels in the rain.

Tags:
prostar leaks, dome leaking, gauge cluster problems, prostar water in cab, prostar elecrical problems

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo , Kid Rock , 74bassman , zero4 , Sergiu , shoe128 , amermextrucker , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins - Rawze - 07-31-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.