Tools needed to do your own road side tire swap?
08-01-2017, (Subject: Tools needed to do your own road side tire swap? ) 
RE: Tools needed to do your own road side tire swap?
(08-01-2017 )AussieISX Wrote:  It would be extremely rare to find an operator here that doesn't have the equipment to change a flat tire with them , a driver not capable of doing a flat tyre change would be ridiculed generally. Must be a different world over there in the transport industry. I personally keep a steer and drive wheel bearing set and small amount of 85/140 , alternator, all idler bearings, fan and a/c belts , starter motor , boost hoses , 2.5" silicon hose for coolant hoses , all sorts of o-rings clamps and all the tools required to change any of the components that I carry as spares . To get a so called mechanic out costs a ridiculous amount and takes more time sitting waiting than just getting on with it yourself. Not everyone carrys all the gear I do but a lot of guys do

Yes, it's a much different world over here. I would say that if you're hauling general freight on the American Interatate system it would be rare to be much more than 30-40 miles from a truckstop tireshop or general service center.
As a Canadian who has made remote region trips (i.e. Inuvik, Tuktoyuktuk, Labrador, Lupin, etc.) I can appreciate the challenges of Aus outback trucking, but wholly admit that generally speaking, "we don't really know how good we've got it"

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AussieISX , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tools needed to do your own road side tire swap? - Hammerhead - 08-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.