CM871 losing power
04-23-2020, (Subject: CM871 losing power ) 
RE: CM871 losing power
I think those guys finally admitted to taking his old head to another shop to have "cleaned up" if I am not mistaken. Its been a while since that happened.

=====
problems like these, such as getting charged for components that were not installed, shops using copied programs from other trucks, and all sorts of other under handed things, are as high as 40% of the trucks that I see here these days.

-- This does not include all the bad delete programs I see... I see hundreds and hundreds of them every year. That is a whole other subject in itself.

IT WOULD NOT BE SO BAD -- if only the OEM's and other repair shops actually followed the manuals -- THAT ARE FREE from quickserv... If they did,.. sure, I would likely point out a thing or 2 on occasions, but the real problem is that everyone seems to be in such a damn hurry... Air guns and speed guns instead of torque wrenches .. slap it together as fast and cheaply as possible, get-it-in get-it-out, and onto the next victim to turn that dollar instead of doing something worth $150/hr. <- that is the bulk of the problems and the reason so many bad things come of it.

Even the engine I am working on this week mentioned here: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid53024

This guys exhaust manifold had broken bolt in it,.. and sure enough,.. the damn manifold bolts were anywhere from under torqued,.. to so damn tight that they almost snapped off when trying to remove them.. this is not from age and corrosion,.. it was clearly from some a-hole using a speed gun, or air gun on them during the install,.. that is exactly why it had to be re-done, and i am a firm believer that this is also why it snapped bolts after it got up and running.

Combine that with the rest like mis-aligned rocker shhafts and backed off engine brakes because some turd was too damn lazy to correct his mistakes,.. this is what you get any more.

-- TOP IT OFF... I get repair shops asking me for invite codes almost every week,.. I have no idea what quality their work is,..cuz, if you ask them, they all say the same,.. "We care, We are Great and do it right" --- then 2 months later, you see some of their work, and cringe like freggin' hell at it. --- SO I AM THE BAD GUY because i will give them a code so they can better what they do, perhaps see the real problem wioth doing things in a hurry, but not let them advertise on here, i get a lot of grief from some of them. -- IF THEY WERE AT LEAST 90+% COMPETENT THEY WOULD BE WELCOMED HERE -- but most of them are less that 30%. -- SAD for anyone charging $80, $90, or even sometimes as much as $150,160 / hr. <- no excuse for it.

-- I stopped watching youutube repair videos about trucks all together. - I cannot watch them any more, makes my blood boil over every time I see those wrench-monkeys grab that air gun to tighten things up, no mention of torque specs on critical suspension and other safety components,.. or worse yet,,.. power-washing that DPF can, or bragging about all the pulling power on that truck now because they fooled the ecm into making it think the cylinders are fouled out and it dumping all its fuel in in a crying attempt to keep engine running,.. all while they brag about it like they have done something good. -- I just cannot do it .. I just cannot watch them any more .. In the past, I would make comment on them, suggest they might want to include the torque specs of that tie-rod, or that pitman arm,.. only to get cursed out by the same ignorant clown advertising their shop about doing such horrible jobs!.

-- This is what the internet and social medai has created .. this bleak picture of too much (bad) information, and the droves of brainwashed masses that follow them. <- this is exactly why i got kicked off every other internet site out there... because I refuse to bend to the will of idiots and those no-give-a-s#it ways of thinking!.

-- My background has always been steeped in precision machinery and components. How fast you think the Plant manager in stutgart germany, at the BWM manufacturing plant would have kicked me to the curb if I had showed up to teach/assist a technician how to replace a component on one of their assembly line machines and did not have a certified, calibrated torque wrench in my tool box to tighten the bolts with?. <- Not only would I have gotten kicked out, but fired from my position, reputation tarnished, and all the other bad things that followed suit. -<- now take that further .. how many car sales and reputations would be lost if some customer was watching it and posted it on social medai ... I was "That guy" ... who would do the job by the book, and do it correctly as much as humanly possible, so that I was NOT "that guy" in the hot seat later on over it.

Sorry if I am an a-hole on here sometimes, but I have a serious passion to ensure things are right,.. not mostly right,.. not half-way right .. but right. - i am far from perfect .. never claimed to be ... but at least I give it my best efforts without compromise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , kozakvod , redbeard , kalsandhu , Waterloo , Chamberpains , LargeCar , victory26

Messages In This Thread
CM871 losing power - victory26 - 09-09-2017,
RE: CM871 losing power - Rawze - 09-09-2017,
RE: CM871 losing power - Rawze - 09-09-2017,
RE: CM871 losing power - Rawze - 09-12-2017,
RE: CM871 losing power - Rawze - 09-20-2017,
RE: CM871 losing power - Rawze - 10-01-2017,
RE: CM871 losing power - Rawze - 04-23-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.