Which motor oil to use after in frame?
03-24-2016, (Subject: Which motor oil to use after in frame? ) 
Motor oil, CJ-4 or CI-4?
I'm over at QuickServe looking at motor oil recommendations... Now, I have {**Content removed by protection bot**} on my CM-871, she is having an in form right now, so which motor oil to use? I pulled the below from QuickServe... Am I reading this correctly, and should use a CI-4 motor oil? Or has this changed? I have been using regular Shell Rotella for years, but is this the correct motor oil today for my motor? Have the formulas changed greatly enough to switch oil so that I get the correct additive package? I also use the gear lube that Rawze recommends. And correct me if I am wrong, we are looking for higher zinc levels in our additives for the CM-871, correct?

From QuickServe
-----------------------
Engines with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Aftertreatment

Engines using EGR and exhaust aftertreatment must operate on ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel (15 ppm sulfur). Use of oils meeting the requirements of Cummins® Engineering Standard 20081 will provide the longest maintenance intervals for the aftertreatment system.
------------------------
Engines with EGR, but without Aftertreatment

Engines with EGR can use lubricants meeting Cummins® Engineering Standard 20078 (API CI-4). Cummins® Engineering Standard 20081 (API CJ-4) can be used when 15 ppm sulfur fuels is also used.
If oils meeting Cummins® Engineering Standard 20078 are not available, Cummins® Engineering Standard 20071, 20076, or 20077 can be used in EGR equipped engines at reduced oil drain intervals.
-----------------------
Engines without EGR

Oils meeting Cummins® Engineering Standard 20078 (API CI-4) are compatible with Cummins® Engineering Standard 20071, 20075, 20076, or 20077 and can continue to be used in engines without EGR, as described in Table 1.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Motor oil, CJ-4 or CI-4? - Waterloo - 03-24-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.