Fuel leaking from ECM
11-15-2021, (Subject: Fuel leaking from ECM ) 
RE: Fuel leaking from ECM
(11-10-2021 )iceman Wrote:  On my 2250 the aftertreatment fuel pressure sensor was leaking and making its way to the ecm. Managed to catch it in time i think it can damage the ecm.

Pulled the fuel filter and ecm....everything nice and dry behind it. The 2 horizontal plugs on the ecm are unfortunately wetter than Id like to see.

Long story short, looks like the same scenario as ICEMAN. As unlikely as it seems, looks like the fuel traveled within the loom and made it's way to the ecm plugs where it was eventually beginning to leak from the seams of the square plastic cover. Fuel is basically pushing its way through the sensor (I've seen this a handful of times with oil pressure sensors as well). Baffles me how it could make it way to the ecm plug, but thats the only possibility I see.

No one has it in stock around here , plus they want 3 times the amount you can purchase them online plus freight. For the time being, I'm going to wrap the wires from the sensor and position them to keep the fuel from getting to the ecm plugs. Hopefully the sensor comes in by the end of the week.

Iceman, could you confirm the part number? What I'm seeing is 4921519?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - SquareOne - 11-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.