Oil pooling in top of cylinder head.
08-21-2018, (Subject: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head. ) 
RE: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head.
Quote:ONLY A COMPLETE FOOL WOULD USE CRAP OFF THE INTERNET AS PART OF THE CRITICAL ENGINE COMPONENTS!!!!!! -- GO OEM ONLY ON THE INJECTORS!!!

Typing a part number into google rather than opening quickserve doesn't constitute buying anything. It does bring up online parts sellers and can be a source of interchange information not available from other sources. Only a fool jumps to unfounded conclusions!

Quote:All it takes is an injector tip to fail and you could be looking at a window in the block!. -- I don't know WHY anyone would want to take a stupid risk like that on a $36,000 engine just to try to save a few bucks.

Which can happen with a brand new injector from Cummins.

Quote:Lastly, there is a LOT of injectors out there being sold online, even genuine injectors -- simply because they are defective in some way or are part of a previous recall. I would not trust ANY of them!.

There isn't any magic pixie dust sprinkled on Cummins Recon parts that make them inherently superior to other rebuilders. The quality of the part is entirely dependent on the quality of the work done by the technician. My father having worked for Cummins 40 years in their pump and injector rebuild room, as a shop supervisor and a field tech who was regularly flown to foreign tourist destinations to work on yatchs owned by billionaires I'll trust his opinion of reman parts. Established rebuilders with good reputations and warranty policies are just as dependable as Cummins recon parts. Sure a union tech at a factory facility MIGHT toss anything that isn't perfect but they might also not give two shits knowing there isn't a lot that can be done to fire him. Good luck getting Cummins to cover additional damage caused by a failed part if it wasn't installed at their facility.

As for after market parts some are good some aren't. Some come from the very same factories that Cummins contracted to make Genuine Cummins parts. For example Cummins parts made in Brazil come from the very same factory that manufactured blocks, head and rods for Cummins for 20 years. Same factory. Same workers. Same specs. Slapping Genuine Cummins on the side of the box doesn't improve the part.

{**Content removed by protection bot** - trolling.} - if you had the equipment and knowledge to rebuild parts that you now buy from Cummins you would do it and say they were just as good a Cummins rebuilt. Just like you do with engine rebuilds.

You say only a fool would buy crap off the internet. Considering your response to a simple question I would say only a fool would get advise from a guy on the internet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head. - TonyMathis - 08-21-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.