2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
08-28-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
Hey there guys...this is my first post on here so I hope ive done it right.
So we bought a 2007 peterbilt 386 with a pullout isx in it... The fella we bought it from had it for about 3 years and the motor that was in it needed to be inframed so he did that... Well the shop that did it must have not tightened the rod caps or put a bearing in backwards becuase after 3k miles it threw a rod thru the block so he took it back to them and they said they would get a motor and put it in.... Well 6 months later they found a motor out of a wrecked truck that had "250k miles" on it supposedly... It took them another 2 months to get it put in and they did a TERRIBLE job i mean the worst installation ive ever seen... Left the intercooler loose put the hood back on without bushings left bolts loose everywhere I mean the list goes on and on.... So lets get to the issues.... So #1 I thought it was blowing oil out the exhuast becuase you drive it 5 miles and there would be oil pooled up on the manifold where #3 and 4 are.... But i found out that all that was is he bolted the hook to the block there and one of the bolt holes was pouring oil out so I can fix that... #2 when I was bringing it home about 150 miles with an empty flatbed on the water temp was up around 220 at all times and the fan stayed on the whole way... Oil temp was at like 245 or so the whole way... But I also found that the tensioner for the fan belt seemed kinda weak so im hoping that is the reson why on that...
Now the biggest #3 it is very rough at idle almost like its sucking air at idle... I did my checks by unplugging the actuators one at a time and seeing which one didnt do anything amd i found that the front timing actuator was doing very very little in fact it ran better unplugged so I went the junk yard and bought a used one and swapped it out earlier and it is maybe 10% better but its doing different things now.... It'll idle somewhat fine then it will act like its sucking air and start loping kinda and blowing white smoke for a second then it will go away and just start idling rough then it will idle ok.... High rpms it seems fine.... No check engine light and The only codes it has thrown was on the way home with it if I got in a pull it would throw the CEL and some kind of code about the ecm and it would sound like it was springing an exhuast leak all the sudden I think it was a 413 code on the little road relay readout it has in the truck but it would go away a soon as you were out of the pull.... Im at a loss as what to check next... I dont have a laptop or code reader... Someone help plz!!! And I'm sorry for beung so long winded
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP - SIDE_SHOW - 08-28-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.