Door leaks
12-06-2018, (Subject: Door leaks ) 
RE: Door leaks
If your drywall leaks water at the seams, is the drywall leaking? Or is it the pipes behind the drywall?
Now I'm sure we all know the answers to those questions, so now use that same mentality on your doors.
It is not your inside latches that are leaking, it is the exterior door latch that leaks. It has mechanical linkages that run from it to the striker pin catch, and in order for them to function there must be "holes" or "passthroughs".
Remove the entire inside panelling from the door, and glue some foam to the inside of the exterior panel all the way around the handle/latch. Roll the window all the way down so you can see how large of a "circle" you can make it. Make sure the foam is thick enough to also compress against the interior panel when you reassemble to create a "seal".
I have never completely sealed it, but this will damn near seal it.
Did this on all 4 Pete's I owned, had many friends hire me to do it tomorrow as well...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rednecktrucker01

Messages In This Thread
Door leaks - Roysbigtoys - 11-13-2018,
RE: Door leaks - Roysbigtoys - 12-03-2018,
RE: Door leaks - Hammerhead - 12-06-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.