Looking to buy used truck
01-10-2019, (Subject: Looking to buy used truck ) 
RE: Looking to buy used truck
(01-09-2019 )revlimited Wrote:  Do you recommend buying a 2012 volvo with cummins 2250 for 42k with 500k miles and throwing a new high pressure pump on it, or buying a 2014 volvo with cummins 2350 for 50k with 500k miles and driving it as is?

Any of these trucks with 500k is about at its end of life span on engine. I own a Volvo. It’s a nice truck to drive. Just be ready to spend a bunch of money after you buy any of these trucks in this mileage area. I bought one with a reman in it and thought I was ahead of the game. China head put on at a dealer when rebuilt. Now I have a inframe one my hands. I got 150 thousand out of the head. My advice is buy a truck with a bad motor start off with your own rebuild make sure the liner height is right. Put new dpf filter and you should be off on the right foot. Buying a running truck will put you a good 30,000 to much money into it right off the start.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to buy used truck - Magard - 01-10-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.