Check engine light
01-21-2019, (Subject: Check engine light ) 
RE: Check engine light
UPDATE:

Well I went this morning and got all the parts to rebuild the fuel pump, when I called Cummins the guy knew just what I was after and was very easy to work with... Got to Cummins and all my parts was waiting in a box with my name on it and I looked them over but didn't check the part numbers, I assumed the guy was so confident and knew just what I needed that I wouldn't question him. I also got a new crankcase breather "lubricating oil drain tube" that I had broke in the process ($39.14) mine was very very brittle (maybe since its only 5 degrees here). I got home and started to put in the new plunger and barrel..... yep WRONG ONES! so I had to go aaalll the way back to Cummins 45 min drive. sure enough they didn't know how that happened so I as im waiting I turned to the service counter guy and saw a sign saying labor rate on trucks $149 a hour. I ask if the had time to torque the barrels on and he said yep if you have the head bring it in, I said how much are you going to charge me? he said not a thing. I know it didn't take them long to do but at least they was nice enough to do that for me.. Long story short I got back home put everything back together and she fired right up and died then fired her right back up and ran like a dream. Thanks for all your help and saving me and my engine! If I wouldn't have ever came to this site id still be driving not knowing what could have happened. Im pretty keen on preventive maintenance, so spending the $500 and time to know that ill be good for a while is worth it!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , Waterloo , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-18-2019,
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-19-2019,
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-21-2019,
RE: Check engine light - triumph166 - 01-21-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.