ISX605 high oil temp
02-13-2019, (Subject: ISX605 high oil temp ) 
RE: ISX605 high oil temp
i assume its a x15, and i assume it is in a motorhome/coach/diesel pusher etc.

Coach's Inherently run hotter than trucks due to inadequate cooling, you cannot get around this. it will run in the higher temps of normal, but should not throw a CEL. Above 250 is hot, 255 i would be letting my foot outa it, and 260 i would have started backing out seriously. At 605/1850 in a x15 with emissions intact its going to run 240-250 under full load as your are the highest power its rated for, shitty cooling, climbing a hill, and its warm out. i would not be concerned if you could maintain 250 max under those conditions. what oil is in this thing?

Are you sure its stock? have they touched it engine wise? Is the oil tstat there? is the rad/cac plugged? Where is the rad/cac on this coach mounted and is it possible to get adequate air flow? Is cummins aware that this engine at this power is even in a coach like that and say it will perform with that calibration? Is the proper programming in it and what is the ESN and calibration currently in it? Whats the filter like for differential pressure? is the tranny lugging it under load and not allowing it to be high in the rpm range easing off engine load? Does it have any external crap or resistors or trick switches on it? I have many questions, answer them if you can.

Coach's have certain calibrations and could only go to lower torque values for a reason. The cooling isnt there and they get hot and cummins knows this and has specific calibrations designed for specific coach chassis.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX605 high oil temp - Unilevers - 02-13-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.