Cm2350 down 559 issues
05-30-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
RE: Cm2350 down 559 issues
I do know plugged DPFs can cause big issues. a truck i was looking at buying - 2008 CM871 International 9900I wouldnt start as it sat at my mechanics for a while while the guy decided if he wanted to sell it or turn it into his new side dump rig.

well i fiddle farted with it for 2 days trying to get it to start and it just wouldnt it would barely roll the engine over with new batteries so i gave up and didnt buy it or continue looking into it.

Turned out had a few issues

Some Check valve in IFSM was stuck open so prime pump barely pissed a drop of fuel into 2ndary filter. it didnt have a davco so had a spin on up on the firewall.

after check valve was fixed it still wouldnt start and cranked over hard as hell still.
come to find out the DPF filter was completely plugged. took filter off truck roared to life.

now the guy uses it as his side dump rig but is thinking about deleting it as the emission system with the work hes doing just doesnt get along as it can barely ever finish a regen. im hoping one of the mechanics that i told to tell him i would help him for free did so that way he doesnt wind up killing the thing with some crap tuning.

so i guess after that long winded stunt. check the cans they can kick your ass.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Ironsled

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 down 559 issues - Lonestar10 - 05-30-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.