Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix.
05-30-2019, (Subject: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix. ) 
RE: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix.
(05-30-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Mr. Loo there may be a psi reducer before the solenoid or the solenoid itself may reduce the pressure to only 90 psi. They don't need more than that to operate and International is known to put reducers in line for a lot of things.

Mr. Hagg is spot on to what I do. Some times you don't even need to take the plates all the way off. Just loosen them enough to get the clutch disc to move and spin the fan by hand to break up any rust. Then tighten the plates back down.

I'm thinking you are correct on the International side with the solenoid. By all rights it should have broken loose with the air the truck compressor built up. Either they are reducing it or it will not activate the solenoid unless the cab controller shows the motor running. As far as the plate on the clutch, it was much easier to remove the two nuts and worm gear clamp on the air filter than it would have been for me to get at the fan clutch with a wrench. Very little room up there with the front structure intact.

And the push pull connect removal pliers made this job a breeze.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix. - Waterloo - 05-30-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.