Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
06-20-2019, (Subject: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? ) 
RE: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
Ok, I'll play too... first figure out what you planning to pull the most with the trailer then plan from there.
as i pull mostly 50 to 70 ft steel beams i got a 50 ft trailer.(ret) as a 48 had way to much overhang for me and the trl lets me get away with out getting permits in some state as i can keep the overhang to a min(under 10') that 2' makes life good( and the 50' keeps me out of CA as they don't like it...and i don't go there anyway :) . BUT i do pay with more drag in the wind from the way the axles are set, but its in WY and the wind is always blowing. as for getting a lift axle...YES!! i wish i had one... spreads are way hard on tires, and if its like mine when i'm lite the tires wear kind of funny, but i'm never lite for long.
if i had to buy one today......id get a 53' disc brakes with a lift axle..fontaine, bensen,ret,east, would be the ones id say to look at. many + and - on each of them
good luck with you search..

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? - stevesparts - 06-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.