Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
06-29-2016, (Subject: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions ) 
RE: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
(06-28-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Hammer head a word to the wise. Remove the snap ring on the jake rockers and stretch the spring a bit. I put new shafts on one and it still clicked. SO I pulled the valve cover back off and ran it till I found the one clicking. So I removed it to find the spring was weak. The dealer said they didn't sell that part but I needed the whole thing at a cost about 350. So seeing nothing was really bad I removed the spring and stretched it. I also did the rest and man what a difference that made. THis is just my 2 cents of what I have done in the past.

(06-28-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  Hammerhead , if not too late replace both shafts and all six rocker detents ! They're really cheap . Detents are wearing on the edges too . Mine was the same as yours . Do em all . You're not going to regret.
I appreciate and invite all advise, thanks gentleman.
It's never too late, unless something breaks...which since I'm still waiting on the rad it isn't. I've installed the rear shaft and did a top end set, but that doesn't require a single part, just my time and if it will make me happier, then I'll do it...have I mentioned I've got a fridge full of beer at the shop? Any excuse to hide out, I mean do necessary repairs is all the encouragement I need.
Just so I'm clear, the detent pieces are available separately, but the springs are not?

Wiseman, when I did the previous top end set a month ago, and again when I did it today after installing the new rear shaft, 1-3 & 6 Jake rockers all felt "good" in their detents, but thanks I will take your advise and change the front shaft as well. I was thinking about it today while I was doing the rear thinking I was being cheap and stupid not doing the front at the same time. Am I correct that the detent "pin" from the Jake rocker is available as a separate part?

Mr Hagg, since you have stated the spring is not available separately, by how much did you "stretch" your springs? Or in place of, about how long overall length after stretching am I looking for?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions - Hammerhead - 06-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.