Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring
01-07-2020, (Subject: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring ) 
RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring
So I popped the valve cover and pulled off the steering pump and when I cranked the motor, the cam and rockers are moving and the accessory drive is spinning, but the compressor shaft is not.

Guessing the compressor seized up and snapped the key for the compressor gear which stopped the fuel pump from turning.

It's odd that it wouldnt run on ether but I have tried to cold start this truck with ether before and it wouldnt take then as well, engines always been hard to crank, slow cranking when cold compared to my other trucks and wont start well in any type of cold weather, always ran higher egt as well, maybe heads getting worn, I'm not sure.

Gonna tow it to the shop and tear into it in the warmth rather than this side of the road, open field -25c crap I've been doing. Hope this is my problem and not something bigger.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - Brock - 01-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.