Valvoline Premium Blue
02-16-2020, (Subject: Valvoline Premium Blue ) 
RE: Valvoline Premium Blue
Just figured I’d share some info regarding different brands/types of oils. I pulled a sample at roughly 30k miles on my new truck. I changed the factory fill 10w30 with Amsoil 0W40 synthetic and pushed the drain interval to 20k, as you can see the the sample wasn’t so great, low TBN #’s lead me to believe it’s not worth the money. My second sample was good ‘ole Chevron 15W40 dino oil and not only was it a third of the price of Amsoil it performed better in retaining TBN numbers. The most recent sample was my normal cold weather oil(I only run synthetic in the cold months) Mobil 1 0W40. Expensive but still cheaper than Amsoil and if you look at TBN #’s it flat out spanks the other two brands and would be a very good oil for those who push longer drain intervals. The Mobil one isn’t recommended for newer trucks with all the emissions in place as it’s only rated SN not CK4 but I’ll risk it. No mandate, no problem though.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202002/post_1421_1581864079_52f94a65fdc94e07c152d8dbcc1ec1ed.jpg

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valvoline Premium Blue - schISM - 02-16-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.