2015 Intl Pro Star
03-21-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star
(03-21-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  ... i know that coolant can be mixed with ANY coolant color ...

Red extended life coolant may or may not be compatible with what was in there. Your statement is too vague and seem to be driven by mostly only opinion.

Read the bottom section of this post (right about where the picture is) ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...14#pid1114 for a bit better info.

What you need to do at this point is check the PH and nitrate levels of the coolant and stop making assumptions and guessing. If it is good, then check it again in a couple months to ensure it is not going south on you, and again at the end of the year to ensure it is not falling off because of residuals of the old coolant. - Send samples off to a lab to be sure at least once for a solid opinion beyond a simple test strip if not completely sure.

Odds are likely low that you will have an actual issue with the coolant, but since you have no idea what type was in it, how long it ran like that, nor even what shape the nitrates were, you seem to be making some huge assumptions.

Any failures related to cavitation because of improper nitrate levels, etc. will certainly not be covered by any kind of warranty, nonetheless could cost you the engine after a while.

Ignoring it, and blindly pissing it off as "ok" in my book would be a huge gamble. Not one that i myself would make anyways. Seems it would not be a wise business decision. This especially knowing that coolant test strips are cheap, and even a comprehensive lab test once in a few months or so (because you switched types and did not thoroughly flush it) is typically less than a hundred bucks.

Red extended-life coolant is great stuff but it is really sensitive to getting screwed up if it gets contaminated the wrong ways, even a little bit.

Get yourself some decent test strips. Make sure the strips you are buying are not expired (yes, they expire and have expiry date on the packaging), and do some regular testing to ensure it is ok.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-16-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-16-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - JimT - 03-16-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - JimT - 03-21-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-21-2020
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-21-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 04-26-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 04-26-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Nilao - 05-17-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.