2015 Intl Pro Star
04-14-2020, (Subject: 2015 Intl Pro Star ) 
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star
UPDATE:

Whats up guys , hope everyone is good. Ok got a few things here;

- Performed EGR tune up on truck . Doser Injector was inspected and was found to be clean as a whistle. Also I had them go thru the emissions system DEF screens , NOX sensor and piping. Everything is clean and good.

- Overhead was set . Top end inspected cam shaft , cam rollers . Clean and good.

- Fuel pump head rebuilt. New tappets , plungers . Cam is good.

- New brakes and drums ( rear)

- Checked front king pins ( good) installed new front shocks and had alignment done. Truck has brand new Michelin steers, I want to preserve them.

I picked truck up from shop today in the AM. I had something very concerning happen.
while fueling up b4 heading to Chicago truck started shaking and I could hear turbo whistling, I turned the truck off finished fueling . I turned it back on pulled out of fuel bay parked opened hood and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Decided to drive back to my shop as it was 3 miles away. As i was driving back and came to a stop sign it did it again! I could see the shop i tried to accelerate and nothing! BTW no CEL ever came on.

I turned the truck off waited few secs and turned it back on. Got to the shop talked to my mechanic. He hooked up to it . He told me there was a code for the VGT actuator. He reset it and explained to me that when these trucks sit for a while the VGT actuator gets moisture , which creates rust and it may stick and cause what I experienced.

Want to know if this is true ? has anyone ever experienced this ? Also after he cleared the code I took it for a test drive. It didnt do it again, So I headed out to Chicago which is 110 miles away and problem did not come back again. Any input will be appreciated. Thx.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-16-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-16-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - JimT - 03-16-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - JimT - 03-21-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-21-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 03-21-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - amermextrucker - 04-14-2020
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 04-26-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Rawze - 04-26-2020,
RE: 2015 Intl Pro Star - Nilao - 05-17-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.