Cm2250 oil pressure numbers???
07-18-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? ) 
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers???
(07-18-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Unilevers suggested bearings and pump asap for anything under 20 psi.... Mechanic suggested the same. Tmrw it's going to the shop. 1,500 for oem parts and labor. I rather spend that then later on inframe. So far since January that I've had the truck I've done egr valve, nox sensor, cleaned dpf, overhead, 1 injector, switched over to 2 cylinder pump , and now this!! It's never ending. Oh and I currently have engine code 1911 too that needs to be figured out also.

Roll the new bearings in and replace the oil pump... I know what you are going through, of all the trucks I have ever owned, this one is just a cursed thing. Every week something is going wrong... I have replaced everything except the electrical harnesses and the bearings, and I still cannot get it out of the driveway... Taking it to the shop tomorrow to install another new turbo.

And yes, use the Sta Lube, the GL5 in your motor per Rawze. One thing I would do is get in there and do a good cleaning out of the soot... Then get with someone that can help with the mandate, Dr ISX is there in Vegas, I would contact him and pick his brain. I would do this before you lose the head or worse. From what I have seen over the past three years with these EGR/DPF/SCR trucks is that they are built to be disposable. The warranty runs out and you throw it away, 400,000 to 500,000 seems to be the magic number and then it is passed off to guys like us. They run fine, and then the disposal process starts, at our wallets. It is all downhill from there, unless you can get right on it and eliminate the real problem right off the bat. Just my opinion.

One other thing, start thinking about replacing your crank shaft damper. They are good for roughly 500,000 miles and then they wear out. There is a viscous fluid in them that keeps everything in balance, when it fails, starts hardening, you start losing components like your alternator, pulleys, tensioners, AC compressor, etc., and cannot be good for those new bearings you are going to install... Go with the cummins OEM one, they run around $600 or so. Mine was $635 plus 3 hours labor. The radiator and CAC do not need to be removed, at least on the ProStar.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? - Unilevers - 07-17-2016,
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? - Waterloo - 07-18-2016
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? - Unilevers - 08-09-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.