Cm2250 oil pressure numbers???
07-19-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? ) 
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers???
(07-19-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Ok so I just did oil pump and bearings. Bearings were barely worn out but caught them at a good time. But the oil pressure at hot idle is still between 15-18 psi. Is this normal?
When I first got this truck that was barely where I was. I complained profusely about it, and was told and even talked to someone in Columbus about it. KW, Cummins (local dear), and Columbus all said I was "in spec" they all agreed I was on the low end of the spectrum, but still in it so they wouldn't do anything bout it. I ran it that way for years, hating it.
I finally had enough, and learning some info from here, along with some previous knowledge, and shimmed the relief spring in my pump.
I couldn't be happier!
I will be switching back to Rotella and adding gear lube, and will see what the pressure numbers are when I do that after my next trip.
From there, I will be fine tuning, MY ideal will be to run no lower than 45psi at 210* operating temp at 1500rpm.
For now, I'm watching very carefully that the current increase I've made doesn't take out any seals or such.
The post of how I did it and the results and resulting discussions is here http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=601

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? - Unilevers - 07-17-2016,
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? - Hammerhead - 07-19-2016
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? - Unilevers - 08-09-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.