Busy busy busy!
08-12-2020, (Subject: Busy busy busy! ) 
RE: Busy busy busy!
(08-12-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(08-12-2020 )Evotrucker Wrote:  The new one went on surprisingly with little effort.

Hmmm, I don't know if this is good thing. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but all the carrier bearings I've replaced have been pressed off and on. I'd be afraid of the shaft spinning in the bearing if this happened.

Everything you've gone through with that truck reinforces why I will never own a Volvo. A non serviceable axle with wearable parts... sounds like Volvo engineering. I found a Hendrickson replacement with serviceable ends but its more expensive.
I've seen people change carrier bearings before and it's always a lot of heating and pounding. I just replaced my front carrier bearing last week. I pulled the front shaft and took it to a guy here that has a machine shop. Dropped it off and grabbed breakfast. Two hours later, new carrier bearing and front joint. He checked it and made sure it was still in balance and no other issues. I took it back and put it back in. Last time I did both carrier bearings and all six joints at the same time. That was May of 2018 and I took all four shafts to the machine shop, just easier and he checks them out. The front carrier bearing always goes out before the rear one. It holds up two full size shafts. I've changed out joints before but never attempted pounding off carrier bearings.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Busy busy busy! - Evotrucker - 08-12-2020,
RE: Busy busy busy! - Rawze - 08-13-2020,
RE: Busy busy busy! - hhow55 - 08-12-2020,
RE: Busy busy busy! - Ricky - 08-12-2020
RE: Busy busy busy! - Baco74 - 08-13-2020,
RE: Busy busy busy! - hhow55 - 08-13-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.