Installing a KILL Switch and Alarm...?
08-17-2020, (Subject: Installing a KILL Switch and Alarm...? ) 
RE: Installing a KILL Switch and Alarm...?
(08-17-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(08-17-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I dont think I would ever do a remote (bluetooth) kill switch. I don't give a hoot how advanced and reliable the systems are. When it fails, good luck simply figuring it out and repairing it. I always go with a very simple hidden hard wire. Its simple to trace and replace or remove and bypass if there is any problem.

Where we tapping in at? Ignition? ECM?

The ways of doing an overall "Truck Kill Lockout" are varied indeed. I've thought of this as well, One way I think of is (as I've used them before wiring door locks to function with alarm arming), a 4 post 15-20 amp relay, I'd agree do a hardwire and not bluetooth, On my truck I'd probably put a break in ECM Main V+, the V+ supply "ON" for fuel pump, you could come up with 4 things to breaker, tie in the coil side of Relay to a Hidden Switch or Keyswitch, any type method like this would stop it from being started without hard study and time the crooks would need. Many Alarms like my Alpine come with a Glass Breakage detector, they're interesting, if you bump the window pretty hard with a fist, it won't set off alarm, but slightly clack keys against the glass and it goes off as they detect that higher frequency. You can choose to have no Siren, and set up paging to your phone and welcome the crook with a 45 pointed at his eyeball ! Of course that's just me !

User's Signature: 2009 Kenworth T2000, 13sp 3.55's. CM871 CPL2732. IMA Old Hot Rodder !
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing a KILL Switch and Alarm...? - RustyWood - 08-17-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.