turbo leaking oil
07-18-2016, (Subject: turbo leaking oil ) 
RE: turbo leaking oil
(07-18-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(07-18-2016 )gatow900 Wrote:  Was thinking of something like this to install in the intake

Why?
I'm serious, why would you deliberately put anything into your engine?
If you are seriously that concerned about it, put a Positive Air Shut Off on your truck. That is exactly what it is, when activated it closes either a gate or butterfly valve that is positioned just before your intake manifold and it Positively Shuts Air Flow INTO the motor OFF! It has zero potential contaminants, and in no way harms any internal components. In fact it actually slows the motor to a stop as the oxygen is consumed without the torque shock load of slamming it into gear.
The only other item that will absolutely shut down a motor without internal component harm is a large source of inert gas (CO2, Halon, N2), which is why Unlievers has one at his shop. It is not cost effective for him to install a PASO on every truck he works on.
Any individual on the other hand, would be financially way ahead to just instal a PASO.
CAD$1143 is list price for the PH3. This is a PacBrake product that every OEM truck manufacturer has access to and either has in stock or can order it in for you. It only takes a couple of hours to install.
http://pacbrake.com/valving-solutions/ai...rhalt-ph3/
Watch the first video on the left side of the window, it shows a Series 60 starting to "runaway" and get shut down safely.
This one is about CAD$1500, and Unilevers knows and probably endorses this one...
http://www.headwindsolutions.ca/download...hutoff.pdf

$1k-1500 won't even start to cover the labor to clean the mess of a chemical fire extinguisher, never mind the damage to the internal components of your engine...

Systems like the previous post with fire extinguisher bottles are designed and intended for gas, alcohol, and most particularly for nitrous oxide (an oxygen bearing gas) that have low flash points and keep burning violently with atmospheric pressure (or oxygen bearing gas input). If you can get diesel to burn in atmospheric pressure situations, you know it doesn't burn violently (unless large quantities producing extreme heat are present), so all you need to do is eliminate the Oxygen to stop combustion. If it wasn't that simple, it would be law to have extinguisher bottle systems on diesel engines in and around gas production facilities. It is that simple, which is why (in Canada) it is law to have PASO on Diesel engines operating in and around gas production facilities.
Sorry didn't explain my self but it was something I was looking into before I saw this butter fly device. Don't get too excited bro. I had N14 runaway on me so it was something I came across
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
turbo leaking oil - slowpoke - 02-26-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Unilevers - 02-26-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Nilao - 02-26-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Rawze - 02-26-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Cuya - 02-26-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - DRISX - 02-28-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Rawze - 07-16-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Rawze - 07-17-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Unilevers - 07-16-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Unilevers - 07-16-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Rawze - 07-18-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - gatow900 - 07-18-2016
RE: turbo leaking oil - Unilevers - 07-18-2016,
RE: turbo leaking oil - Unilevers - 07-18-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.