Buying a truck I’m i doing it right?
03-15-2021, (Subject: Buying a truck I’m i doing it right? ) 
RE: Buying a truck I’m i doing it right?
(03-15-2021 )RocketScott Wrote:  
(03-13-2021 )HiabGuy Wrote:  The crane I got only fit on a Tri axle. I got it for a better price then I would of got a lighter crane on a tandem plus I can do more crane work. I might not be even loaded on some days.

What model of crane do you have?

I don't understand why it would only fit on a tri-axle. Lifting off the side doesn't really matter how many axles you've got, they're all the same width. An extra axle doesn't do much for stability

My truck was originally a dump truck. 20k front axle and double rails. The crane is a 14 ton Terex

It’s an hiab 477 e-8 front mount with a 20ft deck. I think it is a categorized as a 40 ton crane if not mistaken 12,000 dead weight. I attached the specs. It’s all about Weight distribution on the truck I know the allowance for each province in Canada is different i don’t know for the states. I am in British Columbia but in Alberta your not allowed to front mount this crane. This crane would be awesome on a tandem turning would be easy but I would give up to much deck space moving the crane back. I probably still could but DOT won’t pass it and no certification on install at the crane dealers

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202103/post_5456_1615860471_facc6a1d9331928e74bac790f6c5ff66.jpeg
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying a truck I’m i doing it right? - HiabGuy - 03-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.