DD15 Oil Consumption
01-19-2022, (Subject: DD15 Oil Consumption ) 
RE: DD15 Oil Consumption
(01-18-2022 )tsolson Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 )Colter Wrote:  Any oil leaking or traces at/in your exhaust after the Axial Turbine? There is a seal on the shaft that can leak behind that turbine as its geared to the gear train in the rear of the engine. It isn't very common but they can be a pig to get sealed if its been removed for any reason such as removing rear section of exhaust manifold while assembled, however that shouldn't involve any disturbance of the internal seals.

I would assume the head came off with manifold and EGR cooler + housing still installed as is proper, if not that assembly will have been removed.

they installed a new exhaust manifold, as the old one was cracked. So i'm assuming that the Axial Turbine would have been removed for that? I didn't take the pipe apart behind the APT to check for oil there, but maybe I should attempt to get the S pipe off between there and the 1-box

It would depend on if they installed it before the head was back on, it's also doable if the manifold is in sections but there is no way to torque all the bolts. The most sensible way would be to install it prior to head install and even if they did pull the turbine they wouldn't have anything apart internally. I would pull you exhaust and check either way, that's a huge amount of oil to go missing without any rear symptoms. Something is going wrong somewhere.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DD15 Oil Consumption - tsolson - 01-18-2022,
RE: DD15 Oil Consumption - Colter - 01-19-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.