DD15 Oil Consumption
01-20-2022, (Subject: DD15 Oil Consumption ) 
RE: DD15 Oil Consumption
(01-19-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  What would concern me just as much, is the "delete".. not too many people on this planet that can even get one somewhat close.. nonetheless halfway right without the engine eating its own guts out.

and why was the exhaust manifold cracked? . That does not sound right either.

I bought the truck out of BC, it was a repo and deleted when I bought it. I don't know who did the work, but I suspect it wasn't good. The turbo and exhaust manifold were junk because it was making too much heat, as I've learned from this forum, is a classic junk delete symptom. The rebuilder put it on the dyno after they finished the overhaul, and they advised that the programming was no good. They reprogrammed it, and installed a pyro, and it runs much cooler now. I never see the exhaust temps much over 500F. mostly 400-500. The manifold and turbo show no signs of overheating now.

I've had Uni and Mommaburt do some work on my other DD15's but I assume they're no longer available. I know this is a Cummins forum, but is there anyone else on here that could look at the programming for me? I do have Detroit software and Neqix adapter. Uni said there was some other equipment i needed to pull the file for him to look at? I can't remember what he called it. I'd like to have it checked out before I tear up my Expensive rebuild. I don't totally trust the programming, just because i think it was from Diesel Sp** and I don't think Rawze is a big fan of theirs either. And i know better than to say, "But the engine is running so good"!!! lol. I appreciate the knowledge here, and all the guys willing to help out.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DD15 Oil Consumption - tsolson - 01-18-2022,
RE: DD15 Oil Consumption - tsolson - 01-20-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.