new volvo engine d13tc
07-04-2022, (Subject: new volvo engine d13tc ) 
RE: new volvo engine d13tc
(07-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  
(07-04-2022 )SquareOne Wrote:  1.2mil B50 life......hmmmmm

Yea total joke.

cummins still claims B50 at 1+ million on their newer engines too. I would think this would be true if you never ran it below 1500RPM's.. but reality dictates otherwise on the roads these days.

We are seeing clearly that has these horribly spec'd tall rear ended trucks that are everywhere now, lugging the guts out of the engines all in the name of limiting HP to save fuel artificially. Bacause of this, just about everything at 1850-trq and higher is a B50 of only about 650k, and roughly about 900k on 1750trq.

That is being lenient and assuming ppl change out their fuel pump guts regurlarly ..lol, but we know better for that one too.

- ALL due to a new industry standard it seems of total garbage rear ends that lug the engine into a slow agonizing death, running them at the bottom end of their working range due to innovations in how to get more bottom end torque out of a diesel engine that was never meant to have it.

Because of this reality, and because I don't see that engine as being one with longer connecting rods in it. ... well, you know where my opinion goes real fast on that one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: new volvo engine d13tc - Rawze - 07-04-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.