new volvo engine d13tc
07-03-2022, (Subject: new volvo engine d13tc ) 
new volvo engine d13tc
Hi guys, what do you think about new volvo engine d13tc which uses turbo compounding. They went with regular turbo and there is 2nd device which somehow transmits some power from exaust gasses back to the engine. Facebook is full of people claiming to get very high mpg from this trucks. 10+ mpg . I think it is not possible, but people are posting it. I wouldn't buy truck with new technology, but it is interesting to know about it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
07-03-2022, (Subject: new volvo engine d13tc ) 
RE: new volvo engine d13tc
(07-03-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  Facebook is full of people claiming to get very high mpg from this trucks. 10+ mpg

Not with a fixed vane turbo, nope ain't happening.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
07-04-2022, (Subject: new volvo engine d13tc ) 
1.2mil B50 life......hmmmmm
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
(07-04-2022 )SquareOne Wrote:  1.2mil B50 life......hmmmmm

Yea total joke.

replyreply
(07-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  

Yea total joke.

cummins still claims B50 at 1+ million on their newer engines too. I would think this would be true if you never ran it below 1500RPM's.. but reality dictates otherwise on the roads these days.

We are seeing clearly that has these horribly spec'd tall rear ended trucks that are everywhere now, lugging the guts out of the engines all in the name of limiting HP to save fuel artificially. Bacause of this, just about everything at 1850-trq and higher is a B50 of only about 650k, and roughly about 900k on 1750trq.

That is being lenient and assuming ppl change out their fuel pump guts regurlarly ..lol, but we know better for that one too.

- ALL due to a new industry standard it seems of total garbage rear ends that lug the engine into a slow agonizing death, running them at the bottom end of their working range due to innovations in how to get more bottom end torque out of a diesel engine that was never meant to have it.

Because of this reality, and because I don't see that engine as being one with longer connecting rods in it. ... well, you know where my opinion goes real fast on that one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-03-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  
(07-03-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  Facebook is full of people claiming to get very high mpg from this trucks. 10+ mpg

Not with a fixed vane turbo, nope ain't happening.

It is , I looked up volvo in Europe, they are really agonizing about mpg, because diesel cost almost 2 times more. They have all kind of weird fuel savings things. So, they went with a fixed turbo too and this compounding device. You could check it out yourself. Also their trucks do get up to 11 mpg , but speed is way less than here. I think 50mph or around that.
replyreply
(07-04-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  That is being lenient and assuming ppl change out their fuel pump guts regurlarly ..lol, but we know better for that one too.

That's a warning I gave up on. 2 guys, I've went into depth and wasted my breath.
"Nope, "Hank" at "dealer" said I have the updated one, I'm good."
"Nope, "Hank" at "dealer" said my X15 is good, that was only the 2250's that had that problem"

While simultaneously mentioning that they just spent over $7k at the dealer for a tune-up and it still isn't running right but the puke digits intake manifold the dealer sold them seems to be helping...

It's ok, for $5k, "Hank" at "dealer" said he'd do a delete on them. Best part, they don't touch any of the parts, it's all tuuuuning.

I can't compete with Hank. Hank>me because Hank has been taking their money for years.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , JimT
(07-04-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  

Yea total joke.

cummins still claims B50 at 1+ million on their newer engines too. I would think this would be true if you never ran it below 1500RPM's.. but reality dictates otherwise on the roads these days.

We are seeing clearly that has these horribly spec'd tall rear ended trucks that are everywhere now, lugging the guts out of the engines all in the name of limiting HP to save fuel artificially. Bacause of this, just about everything at 1850-trq and higher is a B50 of only about 650k, and roughly about 900k on 1750trq.

Yes, they do it. I see posted picture and was scratching my head. Cruising speed was 65 mph and rpm just 600. But maybe he was going downhill or something...
I think they will abuse trucks and then just sell them before any catastrophic failure.
And buy a new one. So , maybe it makes sense for them. If mpg is really that high, which I doubt... Also dd15 removed this turbo compounding from our engines, because with our terrain they didn't see much benefit.
replyreply
I don't believe a single thing that comes from fakebook. I don't care how much so called "proof" people post on there, I still don't believe any of it. I don't have a fakebook and therefore I'm not on fakebook, but if I was and I saw pictures of a blue sky, I wouldn't believe the sky was blue....... that's how much stock I put in that crap.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin , Rawze , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.