2017 Prostar Meritor Wabco Radar Removal
11-04-2022, (Subject: 2017 Prostar Meritor Wabco Radar Removal ) 
RE: 2017 Prostar Meritor Wabco Radar Removal
(11-03-2022 )DVT873 Wrote:  
(11-02-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Yes that is a "saftey device" and legally can not be removed
If you do and they find out the truck was equipped with it from the factory it can open you up for legal issues
They are a headache,
But changing cruise setting from predictive to traditional should do it..... I think

Recently I was in a seminar on calibraition and resetting issues surrounding these systems. IIRC they (the truck OEMs and suppliers) quite specifically do not call any of this stuff a Safety system. Because of liability. Instead all the systems, lane departure, roll over protection, radar, collision avoidence etc. get lumped under Advanced Driver Assitance Systems (ADAS). Same thing in automotive. Your comment is valid and has me curious. I will try and contact a person I know that is deeply involved with these systems on the supplier side and see what they say about removing or disabling them. Interesting.
If im wrong then Im wrong
Im always open for new info :)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Prostar Meritor Wabco Radar Removal - RollinCoal - 11-04-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.