2005 Volvo Cummins15 CM870 TURBO SURGING UP AND DOWN
01-04-2023, (Subject: 2005 Volvo Cummins15 CM870 TURBO SURGING UP AND DOWN ) 
RE: 2005 Volvo Cummins15 CM870 TURBO SURGING UP AND DOWN
(01-03-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  So this is a cm870 right? Is it demandated or completely stock? Exactly how much boost is it making? What are the EGT's doing? Is it smoking? If so what color? You said you replaced the turbo actuator control box, did you buy the new one from cummins or somewhere like ebay?

Yes CM870, EGR IS deleted , looking at my gauge it shows normal boost of up to 35psi, I don’t necessarily know if it’s too much boost but certainly a LOT OF AIRFLOW. It is not smoking . I bought the turbo actuator control box from Cummins . Once the turbo actuator goes down (in idle ) it sounds like I’m pulling a hill and it’s just sitting there . When driving with or without a load when you push down on the accelerator the actuator goes down and chokes the turbo and then it opens back up again . It’s soo wonky you’d think I have all that airflow it would actually pull uphill with a load but it starts choking .

Sorry for the late response I thought it was going to come to my inbox
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2005 Volvo Cummins15 CM870 TURBO SURGING UP AND DOWN - Going crazy - 01-04-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.