Idiot mechanic that installed my king pins over torqued the grease caps.Threads scrwd
02-19-2023, (Subject: Idiot mechanic that installed my king pins over torqued the grease caps.Threads scrwd ) 
RE: Idiot mechanic that installed my king pins over torqued the grease caps.Threads scrwd
(02-19-2023 )Redland1 Wrote:  If I have them welded on for now until I can find some decently priced used spindles will it mess up the heat treatment on the metal?

With grease in them, good luck getting a solid weld that seals the caps. Every manufacturer out there says that heat should never be used on a spindle, and they shouldn't be welded on. That said, done correctly it shouldn't be an issue, but the my first point makes going that route kind of a moot point. Get your part number and shop around. Frontier truck parts has a lot of new takeoff parts for a fraction of the cost of new, but the shop owes you a new spindle anyway - even from the dealer, they're not that expensive - $1-1.5k a side most likely.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idiot mechanic that installed my king pins over torqued the grease caps.Threads scrwd - Nostalgic - 02-19-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.