Cm870 tuning issue needs some help
02-03-2023, (Subject: Cm870 tuning issue needs some help ) 
RE: Cm870 tuning issue needs some help
I was asked about this earlier this evening. I know that different programs, etc. were tried, so it is not likely the program itself, however it can be the laptop or other hardware. Using a different computer, different adapter (cummins instead of nexiq) and/or different flash method might reveal the issue. Things like switching to the J1708 (or J1939 can bus #2) thru the dash etc. instead of a bench harness, etc.. sometimes yields different results.

some thoughts...

* anti-virus software or other USB scanning software on the PC will interfere with flashing an ecm.

* Sometimes having an older cummins inline-5 adapter instead of a nexiq solves these kinds of issues ... I have seen this before.

* Wrong J1939 terminating resistance will cause the flash to fail.

* is it failing in exactly the same place every single time?? or randomly?.

* are there a lot of re-send errors before the failure?.

* have you tried forcing it into run mode and flashing it with CT? .. watching how many retries it does along the way?.

* Is engineering mode turned on?... It should not be for flashing one.

--= and of course, it could be a block of memory in the ecm that is simply going bad too. ==-
* How old is the ecm?. If it is more than 8+ years old then buying a new ecm is not a waste of moneys... as it has lived longer than its design life any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm870 tuning issue needs some help - Rawze - 02-03-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.