Cold no Start cm870
03-11-2023, (Subject: Cold no Start cm870 ) 
RE: Cold no Start cm870
with a statement that implies roughly, "no one has touched it" ... that can be very dangerous.

- when was the last time the overhead valves were adjusted?.

- When was the last time the overhead cams were inspected?.

- when was the crank shaft damper replaced?.

- Is the EGR unplugged? / does it have delete programming in it? etc.etc.?..

- and if the ambient temp was reading wrong... then why did they change the intake temp sensor, and not the ambient temp sensor?. H#ell WHY did someone not replace ALL the old sensors that were more than 600k miles old!!!>??? + clean out all EGR the piping, etc?>
. -- AND AT 1.2 MILLION+.. REPLACE THE HALF-CARB0NED-UP DAMNED MUFFLER TOO!

- When is the last time an EGR tune-up was done to it?... Exhaust pressure sensor cleaned + its feed-circuit cleaned out?... and the Delta-P sensor and feed tubes?... and the intake temp sensor replaced?. .. etc.etc.etc.

- AND When was the last time someone did a proper injector leak-test on it>?>>>
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid67948

- When was the last time someone did a compression leak test on it>?... if ever?

- When was the last time the fueling and timing actuators werte replaced?... how old are they>?.. and did anyone bother to inspect them recently???.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...619#pid619

VVVVVVVV
I.E.> these things do not keep after themselves, and just driving it like a fool until the problems set in, or the check engine lights start showing up .. is very very bad for a modern engine!

AND an even bigger concern with that kind of age ... and based on your statements, for a CM870 with 1.2 million on it is ... when was the rod and man bearings last changed / bottom end bearings was done?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cold no Start cm870 - Shinaver - 03-11-2023,
RE: Cold no Start cm870 - Rawze - 03-11-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.