Cm870 upgrades
01-23-2017, (Subject: Cm870 upgrades ) 
RE: Cm870 upgrades
(01-20-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  I looked and can't find it anywhere there, but...
I read a thread a while ago on TTR that talked about this. I can't say for 100%, but I'm pretty sure that it was Fleetgaurd filters had an update. Apparently the O-ring that was on the inside port that seperates unfiltered from filtered oil was too hard or too thick, and would sometimes cut and of course ended up in the filtered side.
I also plugged one of be posters piston cooling jets and cost him a motor.

So would it be a good idea to periodically remove and clean the piston cooling jets to prevent this?

This.

I read the same thread before I stopped visiting TTR when they kicked Rawze off for exposing their sponsors and their substandard tuning.

The problem was that the internal O-ring in the oil filter was cutting/breaking upon installation and the broken pieces were heading straight to the oil rifle that feeds the piston cooling jets, subsequently clogging them. Fleetguard DID update the filter at around this time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
01-23-2017, (Subject: Cm870 upgrades ) 
(01-23-2017 )389driver Wrote:  This

I read the same thread before I stopped visiting TTR when they kicked Rawze off for exposing their sponsors and their substandard tuning.

The problem was that the internal O-ring in the oil filter was cutting/breaking upon installation and the broken pieces were heading straight to the oil rifle that feeds the piston cooling jets, subsequently clogging them. Fleetguard DID update the filter at around this time.

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't crazy. I've tried but I can't find the thread.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
01-26-2017, (Subject: Cm870 upgrades ) 
Gettin a matching trans

Reminds me, when I did my 389 the trans was cummins red.....

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Texasdude74 , Running rough
(01-26-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Gettin a matching trans

Reminds me, when I did my 389 the trans was cummins red.....

looks nice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench
Well, its alive. Just got to do some finishing touches to it. Sounds good. Everything seems in check. One question i have though, is when it is first started, it seems very rough, rpms fluctuate back and forth quite a bit, it levels off after it warms a bit. It has done this ever since I can remember, I feel like the 3 other cm870s did the same thing. Anyone else run into this?
Thanks again for the input and kind words
What it started out

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough
01-27-2017, (Subject: Cm870 upgrades ) 
And now

replyreply
(01-27-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  And now

That is what I miss most about Pete's, the amount of room to work on and around the engines. They are nice to service.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
my 870 well now 871 will have a slight uneven ideal that is barley noticable, i would not call it a miss and more like slight uneven fueling between cylinders and same thing it has idealed like that ever since i can remember, i have seen numarous 870 and 871s in my area and guess what they all pretty much had that same ever so slight unevenness when sitting and idealing, my opinion is this if it is not bad like a 25 rpm flucutation then there is probly notting wrong, i have changed actuaters all new injecters, presure relive valves in search of that perfact ideal, the 871 870 with concept gears at operating temp is a quieter moter then my 2250 but the 2250 cpl3606 ideals 100 even and sounds more like a cat,i think its the nature of the desighn of the fuel system on the 871 870, feeding 6 injecters with 2 timing and 2 metering syliniods, if one of those timing actuaters sticks even slighty you will hear it on the ideal, it is kind of of funny though that with the mandate intact they same to ideal evener, it could be the backpresure on the engine, i am thinking, one thing is for sure the single overhead cam commen rail isx does have a more even ideal, from my experience anyways, but i still like those older ones to
replyreply
(01-26-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Well, its alive. Just got to do some finishing touches to it. Sounds good. Everything seems in check. One question i have though, is when it is first started, it seems very rough, rpms fluctuate back and forth quite a bit, it levels off after it warms a bit. It has done this ever since I can remember, I feel like the 3 other cm870s did the same thing. Anyone else run into this?
Thanks again for the input and kind words
What it started out
just curius how many hours or miles you had on it and what justified a rebuild, what shape were the liner seats in, did you have to cut them
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.