Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
04-04-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(04-04-2017 )Ted Wrote:  Hi
I would like upgrade hp and torque on ISX15 CM2350 X101
it has file ECM Code EF10044, any suggesting to which file would max it out esn 79676978
reply...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid14169

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-04-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 )Ted Wrote:  Hi
I would like upgrade hp and torque on ISX15 CM2350 X101
it has file ECM Code EF10044, any suggesting to which file would max it out esn 79676978
reply...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid14169

I miss the days when you could just drive a truck... Now you need to be a mechanical and software engineer to just get down the road without blowing the damn motor. And sadly, when you purchase the truck, no one tells you that you are stepping into a world that will more than likely cost you your ASS.
replyreply
(04-04-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I miss the days when you could just drive a truck... Now you need to be a mechanical and software engineer to just get down the road without blowing the damn motor. And sadly, when you purchase the truck, no one tells you that you are stepping into a world that will more than likely cost you your ASS.

Very true.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-06-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
Question about this:
Is turning the HP/TQ down to 400/1450 as problematic as turning settings up, or do most of the higher HP configurations have built in compatibility with lower HP settings to some degree?
replyreply
04-06-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(04-06-2017 )Sledge Wrote:  Question about this:
Is turning the HP/TQ down to 400/1450 as problematic as turning settings up, or do most of the higher HP configurations have built in compatibility with lower HP settings to some degree?

HP settings aside, some calibrations just are not very compatible. It is mainly due to truck differences. Different brands of trucks have different intake and exhaust components. The length, size, flow differences, etc. heavily effects how the emissions systems, final crank angles, and a lot of other factors work. Some trucks have variable speed fan clutches, some trucks have Ambient sensors while others do not, some engines have an intake throttle body, some have different injectors, some have different turbochargers, some even have different static engine timing, and the list goes on and on.

When looking at the data and calibrations listed in Insite, several files will fall within the same CPL and other hardware ratings. this makes them appear as if they would be fully interchangeable, but the reality is that some of them are not, and there is no way to tell form this simplified view. It becomes a gamble that can cause some real problems for someone later on without knowing 100% for sure what is different between 2 programs. This fools a lot of shops and people who are quick to put in alternate calibrations into an engine. -- Don't be a fool. Find out for sure before you go cause someone a headache 3 months form now with a failing emissions system or some other engine problem that could have been avoided.

2 engines can have the same CPL but be in 2 very different styles of trucks with very different intake and/or exhausts. Sometimes 2 programs from within the same CPL have different types of fan clutches, or some other thing like an external switch to control an engine function that the other may not have.

Not only that, but quite often, some calibrations that may have a higher HP rating and exaxctly the same settings otherwise may in fact be LESS power in the majority of the working region (below 1800 rpm) of the engine. This is actually quite common and will fool you into thinking the truck will gain something with the higher HP calibration when in fact it did not.

You just can't tell program differences by simply looking at the data supplied by Incal. That is why I decided to make this thread so that truck owners (or shops) that are curious, can get a decent answer based on comparison data instead of what the Incal/Insite overview says.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sledge , hhow55
05-16-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
I have CPL of 2733 it has 485 hp and 1650 torque with AV10044.26. I would like to increase the torque to 1850 is it possible with this combination?
replyreply
05-16-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(05-16-2017 )adam1215 Wrote:  I have CPL of 2733 it has 485 hp and 1650 torque with AV10044.26. I would like to increase the torque to 1850 is it possible with this combination?

The highest factory program that is 100% compatible is this one...
-- AV10165.xx (550-HP/1850) (CPL 2733) - AV10248 for newer DPF Style. (smart torque disabled)(higher torque than AV10166 in the 1100 - 1700 RPM band)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam1215
08-07-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(05-16-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-16-2017 )adam1215 Wrote:  I have CPL of 2733 it has 485 hp and 1650 torque with AV10044.26. I would like to increase the torque to 1850 is it possible with this combination?

The highest factory program that is 100% compatible is this one...
-- AV10165.xx (550-HP/1850) (CPL 2733) - AV10248 for newer DPF Style. (smart torque disabled)(higher torque than AV10166 in the 1100 - 1700 RPM band)

If I manage to turn this engine up will it be worth it? The problem I have is as soon as I start pulling hills with a load on (53,000lbs) usually I just get my a** handed to me with lack of power and fuel economy I go from the mid 7's to mid 5's. Will turning it up make that big of a difference? Will it help with fuel economy in the hills? Will break anything? The truck has 815,000 miles on it now. It has had the cams redone at 600,000 and rod and main bearings done around 30,000 miles ago a new turbo and the overhead has been every 150,000 miles since 305,000 miles
replyreply
08-07-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(08-07-2017 )adam1215 Wrote:  If I manage to turn this engine up will it be worth it? The problem I have is as soon as I start pulling hills with a load on (53,000lbs) usually I just get my a** handed to me with lack of power and fuel economy I go from the mid 7's to mid 5's. Will turning it up make that big of a difference? Will it help with fuel economy in the hills? Will break anything? The truck has 815,000 miles on it now. It has had the cams redone at 600,000 and rod and main bearings done around 30,000 miles ago a new turbo and the overhead has been every 150,000 miles since 305,000 miles

Maybe you should be looking at rear ratio instead?. Are you geared tall?. Mine is set at 450hp does just fine at 80,000 lbs and 3.55 rears on a 10 speed. I want longevity, not glory in how fast I get up a steep incline. No money in that. I'll take money over ego any day of the week.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam1215

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.