2nd air gauge not working
03-26-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
Question 2nd air gauge not working
Has anyone else had their 2nd air gauge not work right? as mine fluctuate reading right at times then not at all:s
I've try a different gauge and sensors but still the problem still exists.:@ this is on a 07 w900 its really starting to bug the S%^T out of me....I'm just missing something that needs to be cleaned up(plug?) but have not found it. and maybe someone knows this one.
replyreply
RE: 2nd air gauge not working
The only thing left is to trace wiring harness and do wiggle test while watching gauge.
replyreply
use ESA and verify the gauge reading vs the digital and do a simulation of it. this will tell you alot.
replyreply
You may want to disconnect the airline on both ends, that go from air pressure gauge to the air tank and blow it out with some brake cleaner, and while you at it, clean out the air gauge also. Might be some oil, or trash is clogging this line.
replyreply
(03-26-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  ...
blow it out with some brake cleaner

Many brake cleaner products can be very damaging to hoses and plastic lines.

Brake line antifreeze is nothing more than methanol. --

http://amzn.com/B000CIRUBC
./uploads/201603/post_2_1459049669_c8e6168ea08059b91ce7d6add520e340.jpg

To clean out an air line, blowing the line(s) after being disconnected at both ends with simple Clean dry air would be better, or a tiny bit of methanol/rubbing alcohol to remove oil build-up followed up with lots of dry compressed air to dry them after will clean out air lines without making them more brittle.

Just some thoughts on it.

================================

Brake line anti-freeze can be had at just about any truck stop in northern states. it also makes a very good fuel for portable alcohol cook stoves. I used to have a few of these on my truck for cooking meals and emergency heating --

http://amzn.com/B001HAAUFW
./uploads/201603/post_2_1459049779_eac780fcdd250e955673d1d89ae0802b.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-27-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
(03-26-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  The only thing left is to trace wiring harness and do wiggle test while watching gauge.

yes i will have to tear into the harness when i got time. :waaaht: but i thought i'd try and see if someone had this happen on their kw before so i could save alot of time.as you guy are a big help on here.:)

Thanks for the input guy's but i'm pretty sure its a electric problem somewhere under the truck as there is alot of stuff running down on the drivers side..going to be $%^# to get to.
replyreply
Oh and the kw gauges just plug into the harness and have no air to them. and read off a sensor that sends it to them through the harness. replaced that but no change so just got to tear into it.. Thanks guy's
replyreply
Paccar cab controllers are sometimes very finicky. if there was an intermittent connection, the cab controller could be rejecting the gauge all together.

The easiest way to reset the cab controller unfortunately, is to disconnect ALL batteries form the truck completely, and let it sit for 30 min or so, then re-connect everything. No one fuse will typically do it. i would try that just ensure that is not what happened. It is very common.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JKBowman
03-28-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
There is checkvalve on the secondary that keeps air from backbleeding into other tank when leeks it has a screen on it and these can cause tank pressure differances.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.