Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
11-26-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
RE: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
Alphatic naphtha works too.
replyreply
11-26-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
I'm doing my interior as well, there is nothing in my truck but the top bunk. I just laid down the dynamat, and going 5o be putting more insulation in. I'm thinking about using the spray stuff. I need to get back to Mr. Rawze and look at his truck. The man has everything including the kitchen sink.
replyreply
11-28-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
Still couldn't get the left to seal. Couple of the studs came loose, and i counld't reset them.
replyreply
03-03-2017, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
I used flex seal on my rear pass window and worked great, no leaks yet. I didnt haveto remove the window either.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz
06-11-2017, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
Is this foam only at the top of the window? I only see flat rubber on the truck side, nothing 'seal like' on the window itself.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201706/post_1783_1497213305_e92cd9bce0423bd9b49727fdaaa25bb2.jpg
replyreply
06-11-2017, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
(06-11-2017 )barf Wrote:  Is this foam only at the top of the window? I only see flat rubber on the truck side, nothing 'seal like' on the window itself.

In your picture, where you point to the screw "rusty from water". The seal is behind those screws and runs right along side them. It is cheap-arsse foam like in a door frame and that is where they leak so badly. the only way to get to it in a prostar is to remove the walls inside the sleeper that cover those studs, then remove all the nuts for the studs and remove the entire window assembly.

That ribbon sealer mentioned in post#1 is the best solution i have seen by far. it is too thick for replacement of the foam, so you simply stretch it out a little bit to make it smaller diameter. Works great.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
08-22-2018, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
Forgive me for bringing up a dead thread but this came up in my search. And, also please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I'm shopping for a truck and I've been trying to figure out if you can add an upper bunk to an International Prostar MID ROOF truck? It seems from reading this thread that at least some of them did come with this option, but I was hoping someone could confirm this for me?

For flatbedding I prefer a Mid Roof but when I was trucking before the upper bunk of my old condo came in very handy, both for training other drivers and for the occasional child (I've got four of them) that wanted to ride with Dad.

I know that the Cascadia (and I think one of the KW's) offer this option. Just wondering if the ProStar ever did? If it did then it means there should be hardware allowances built in that would allow a fairly straightforward conversion from single bunk to double.

And this would bring more possibilities into view as I shop. Thanks
replyreply
Mine had sky-rise double bunk sleeper from the factory. Never had it apart far enough to tell if one could be converted.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I had a 2006 Columbia Mid Roof XT. Took it to a guy in Washington that built custom sleepers. He built a second bunk that when not in use folded up into a shelf. Couldn't believe it when he was done. I told him he should be a billionaire, why don't the truck manufacturers put these in. I took it out when I sold the truck. Still have it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.