ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
09-11-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
Pulled in to the shipper Friday evening, go to slide tandems and open doors and hear a loud HISS... Walk around truck, easy to find, sleeper cab strut/airbag has a hole in the bag. Well, I figured I would chance it and take the load, everything went fine. Next morning, Saturday, called the dealer, I wanted TWO of these units, not one, TWO for obvious reasons... Justin only has one in stock, $391 out the door, told him to order another one. Installed the new bag, real easy to do... Right side of cab was now a good inch and a half higher than the left side with the old bag... Shook my head knowing full well the outcome of all of this... ;-)

Get her all together and wonder how long it will be before the other bag fails... Well, that took all of two minutes! LOL! Leaking like a sieve! Watching the air pressure gauge on the dash crash... Air pouring out of the old bag from the seam at the strut and at the airline nipple...

Moral to the story, if one bag goes, replace them both. But, I knew that, just letting you all know my experience.

Also, upon removal of the cab shock, I would say these were the original bags from the looks of things on the frame rail and mount. My truck is quickly approaching one million miles, so I really cannot complain.

Lost a steer tire last week, had to install two new ones and a wheel...

The hits just keep coming. ;-)

Am I just stubborn or stupid? LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
RE: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
Man...I am ordering the pro ride soon. It's cheaper than 2 of these crappy designed bag/strut combos.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(09-11-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Man...I am ordering the pro ride soon. It's cheaper than 2 of these crappy designed bag/strut combos.

My original intention... I know. Now I am stuck. And it was weird too, a pin hole in the bag, right above where the airline enters. Something must have kicked up and hit it from the road is all I can figure. But, the other bag, that I will replace tomorrow, quickly failed, I mean like minutes. So, if anyone is out there thinking they can get away with replacing a bag at a time is just playing with fire, especially if the bag/strut is old like mine.

The Pro Ride is the best solution, because I could have quickly repaired an air bag on that unit. Unfortunately the way things have been going, the Pro-Ride setup was a luxury I could not afford at the moment as the OEM bags were still working as intended. Here is the link for the Pro-Ride, http://customdaycab.com/index.php?option...&Itemid=91

Click on the small gifs to find it in the link above.
replyreply
Proride is the way to go...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid12328

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , david24 , shoe128
I like my proride as well. I can't tell if It rides better than stock as my struts were so bad, anything would ride better.

I was a little pissed off that the one shock was leaking 2 days after install but meh.... not the end of the world.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(09-11-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I like my proride as well. I can't tell if It rides better than stock as my struts were so bad, anything would ride better.

I was a little pissed off that the one shock was leaking 2 days after install but meh.... not the end of the world.

Must have been a defective shock. In any event, you can get shocks and airbags at peterbilt after installing that system and they are dirt cheap.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo
(09-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I like my proride as well. I can't tell if It rides better than stock as my struts were so bad, anything would ride better.

Must have been a defective shock. In any event, you can get shocks and airbags at peterbilt after installing that system and they are dirt cheap.
Yeah that's what I did. Just ran down to the local ft Gary and bought one for a few bucks. For the price if the shock, wasn't even worth calling the pro ride guys. Although I've thought about swapping out to a Munroe or something. I've never had any luck with Gabriel shocks, I used to run them on all my trucks but they were constantly leaking or breaking within 6 months, haven't used them since and those problems have gone away.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-25-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
Does anyone have the part number for air bags for Proride system?
replyreply
10-28-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
(10-25-2017 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  Does anyone have the part number for air bags for Proride system?

Airbag: Firestone WO2358 7093
Shock: Gabriel 83009

These numbers came on a paper included with my Pro-ride.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.