Purchasing first truck
05-19-2018, (Subject: Purchasing first truck ) 
Purchasing first truck
I'm getting ready to purchase a Cummins ISX EPA 10 with a 15 liter and has 512,000 miles. What are some of the sensors that I can have replaced before I pick it up? I've already requested the IMAP sensor, dose injector, maintenance free crank case filter and replacing the steering bar. If there is anything else that I missed let me know.
replyreply
RE: Purchasing first truck
Watch Rawze’s video on EGR Tuneup. I would inspect the cam shaft if possible. Also have them rebuild the fuel pump. You do know about the fuel pumps? Bake the cans to if you are keeping the mandate. I would get rid of that ASAP, the EPA mandate.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
What do you mean about bake the cans and the EPA mandate?
replyreply
(05-19-2018 )wilsont Wrote:  What do you mean about bake the cans and the EPA mandate?

Have the dealer at least bake the DPF and DOC filters, as more than likely you will be in the shop in the next few weeks to have exactly that done when twenty check engine lights and codes start blasting you in the face and the truck will not get out of its way. Hopefully they will do you right and install new DPF and DOC filters and replace the associated sensors down there. If you purchase the truck, the first thing I would do is take it down here to Mr Hagg down here in GA and have him fix the future problems you are going to have with the emissions, that EPA mandate. Sounds like you are looking at an 871, so no worries on the fuel pump, you dodged a bullet there. Actually that is the better motor of the newer bunch to have.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: wilsont
05-20-2018, (Subject: Purchasing first truck ) 
Thanks I will definitely ask them to do that. I'm located in Warner Robins GA, so how far away is Mr. Hagg from here and how do I contact him?
replyreply
(05-20-2018 )wilsont Wrote:  Thanks I will definitely ask them to do that. I'm located in Warner Robins GA, so how far away is Mr. Hagg from here and how do I contact him?

Haggai Automotive and Diesel
1228 High Falls Rd
Griffin, GA 30223
(678) 688-8107

So give us some more particulars on this truck you found, make model, gearing etc. What are you planning to do with it? How are your mechanical skills, a lot of work with these trucks, from electrical to mechanical issues. It is the nature of the beast with these EPA trucks, mandate or not.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: wilsont
Did you already read Rawze’s book ? I’m re reading it now. Especially the part about inspecting the truck your going to buy.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , wilsont

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.