Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
06-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Is there a difference as far performance goes? Could you have the block bored to fit the 152 if the engine came with 150?
replyreply
06-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(06-13-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Is there a difference as far performance goes? Could you have the block bored to fit the 152 if the engine came with 150?

Makes absolutely no difference in how it runs. The inner dia. of the liners where the pistons are is exactly the same.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
07-29-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Well, reporting in... Been busy, been slow, been depressed... Been a long year.

The truck is running great, motor is still breaking in, getting around 6 to 6.5 mpg.

{added by Rawze jul.2019}...
Rawze Wrote:Turns out he had a bad ecm causing low fuel mileage. he found this later on. here is that story: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid39797

Running without the cruise the majority of the time. That new turbo, knock on wood is holding up nicely. I removed the turbo boots to inspect for oil the other day, dry as a bone, unlike the reman Cummins it replaced.

Had a few other issues, nothing major, air line stuff. Fixed that. So far the truck has been treating me good. Knock on wood.

Freight has been slow, which really sucks. The Big 3 is undertaking some of the wildest re-tooling I have ever seen in all of my years hauling auto parts. Even the suppliers are building new facilities and or under major expansions. Hopefully in a few weeks these guys will get back on line. The company I am leased to is putting me on a dedicated run for the next few weeks. The pay is good and it will be steady until these guys fire these plants back up.

The knee is still messed up, I think I tore an ACL... Not good, will be having that looked at here soon.

I'll give you a call Rawze... Say high to Zen.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , t700 , Nostalgic
Ouch, that's no good...take care of that knee!

I'm hoping to have mine done sometime around the end of the year. I've got myself dedicated on this local run right now that pays very well...and I only need to fuel once every two weeks. I drive less than 400 miles a week. Since my truck is paid for, I'm using it as a means to set myself up to do everything that is needed, since it won't last forever. I'm afraid the minute I take it down to inframe it, the other drivers will start to compete for my load and I'll loose it!

Mine is starting to get really noisy and the mileage is going away. I'm really excited to tear into it! Just this whole 'being responible' thing holding me back right now...

Glad to hear that turbo is working out for you. I plan on shelving my Cummins reman as a spare and putting that in when it's time, then take it to haggais for the flywheel housing, rear main, trans and mounts to finish it up.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(07-29-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Ouch, that's no good...take care of that knee!

I'm hoping to have mine done sometime around the end of the year. I've got myself dedicated on this local run right now that pays very well...and I only need to fuel once every two weeks. I drive less than 400 miles a week. Since my truck is paid for, I'm using it as a means to set myself up to do everything that is needed, since it won't last forever. I'm afraid the minute I take it down to inframe it, the other drivers will start to compete for my load and I'll loose it!

Mine is starting to get really noisy and the mileage is going away. I'm really excited to tear into it! Just this whole 'being responible' thing holding me back right now...

Glad to hear that turbo is working out for you. I plan on shelving my Cummins reman as a spare and putting that in when it's time, then take it to haggais for the flywheel housing, rear main, trans and mounts to finish it up.

Good plan, make an appointment and get her in there. Allison [Jerry's daughter over at Haggai's] can tear down one of these motors in a few hours, and back together in a matter of days when there are three of them on it. Man she is fast, and from what I saw, knows her stuff.
replyreply
(07-29-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  That new turbo, knock on wood is holding up nicely. I removed the turbo boots to inspect for oil the other day, dry as a bone, unlike the reman Cummins it replaced.

Thanks for the update. I called Yiyito Friday, and plan to ship mine to him this week.
replyreply
07-30-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(07-29-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(07-29-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  That new turbo, knock on wood is holding up nicely. I removed the turbo boots to inspect for oil the other day, dry as a bone, unlike the reman Cummins it replaced.

Thanks for the update. I called Yiyito Friday, and plan to ship mine to him this week.

I think you will be fine, I believe Yiyito has the QC down, can't say the same about the Mexican reman Cummins unit it replaced.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.