Fuel injector Test .. thoughts ???
08-28-2018, (Subject: Fuel injector Test .. thoughts ??? ) 
Fuel injector Test .. thoughts ???
i ran the fuel injector test on my 2012 cm2250 .. it is de-mandated .. not proud of it but i didnt see the end of the tunel ..
The fuel pressure seemed normal it hit 30k lbs. each cylinder .. and passed every "Test Point"
EXCEPT 3 .. it failed
IT Failed on all cylinders .. can anyone tell me why? or what does Test point 3 mean ?
what does it test ?
i took a picture of the screen and any help will be appreciated thanks guys !!
replyreply
08-29-2018, (Subject: Fuel injector Test .. thoughts ??? ) 
RE: Fuel injector Test .. thoughts ???
I'm curious too as well because I will be running this test soon.
replyreply
Who did the de-mandate on it?. - And does it still fail with the original factory programming in it?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHNDZ
I don't know exactly what test does in every stage but have problem with it too. Cylinder cutout test is OK on all 6. Running on every single cylinder equally.
Cylinder performance test sometime pass to the end sometime rejected from beginning or in the process. It says TO DANGEROUS TO RUN THE TEST. I'm working on my truck now with suspension (heavy metal) by my house. When it will be done I can move her from residential area and run the test with parameters recording. This is how we can figure out.
The problem was before MM and still after.
replyreply
08-30-2018, (Subject: Fuel injector Test .. thoughts ??? ) 
(08-29-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Who did the de-mandate on it?. - And does it still fail with the original factory programming in it?.

who did it ? a mechanic with very good references .. but not as good as the ones on here ..
like i said im not proud ..but its done and im living on faith a day at a time ..

and yes ... before the "JOB" was done it did pass .. i know for a fact because we went threw alot of repairs before taking the decision to do it ..

its been 30 k miles since .. this is the first time we run the test ... i just feel its odd why it failed on all 6 cyl. "Test Point 3"
whats your opinion Rawze .. thanks ...
replyreply
(08-29-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  I don't know exactly what test does in every stage but have problem with it too. Cylinder cutout test is OK on all 6. Running on every single cylinder equally.
Cylinder performance test sometime pass to the end sometime rejected from beginning or in the process. It says TO DANGEROUS TO RUN THE TEST. I'm working on my truck now with suspension (heavy metal) by my house. When it will be done I can move her from residential area and run the test with parameters recording. This is how we can figure out.
The problem was before MM and still after.

Thank you for replying . please keep me updated . If i had to guess on my truck , i feel it might be egr related. i say that because my truck passed on all test BEFORE the de-mandate and NOW it failed only TEST POINT 3 on all 6 cyl. Once again it a guess , other than that truck is running good . i Pray it stays that way ..
replyreply
Why are you having to run this test? You getting a check light? Engine misfiring or loosing power? Usually when you get a check engine light for injector it's because the injector needs replacing and engine is running rough. I know because I've replaced 3 injectors in 2 years and all thrown a code for #4 #5 #6. I've tested my fuel pressure test and failed before swapping out the fuel pump actuator. Now everything is good. I wouldn't be concerned if you are not getting a loss of power or check engine light. When my 3 cyl fuel pump needed replacing it was failing all 6 cylinders. Theres no way all 6 needed replacing. Check you're fuel vacumm before fuel pump and check fuel pressure after fuel pump.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Why are you having to run this test? You getting a check light? Engine misfiring or loosing power? Usually when you get a check engine light for injector it's because the injector needs replacing and engine is running rough. I know because I've replaced 3 injectors in 2 years and all thrown a code for #4 #5 #6. I've tested my fuel pressure test and failed before swapping out the fuel pump actuator. Now everything is good. I wouldn't be concerned if you are not getting a loss of power or check engine light. When my 3 cyl fuel pump needed replacing it was failing all 6 cylinders. Theres no way all 6 needed replacing. Check you're fuel vacumm before fuel pump and check fuel pressure after fuel pump.

You know , its prob. just me being over worried . The truck is running great i have no engine light at all . When connected with insite , it shows no active or pending codes . No loss of power at all or rough idle . The only reason i ran the test was to check the engine . i wanted to see how the engine was performing after the de-mandate. its been 30k miles since the "job" was done and i just wanted to be certain that im not doing more damage to truck .
thats pretty much it . i also had spare time the shipper took 2hrs. to load that day lol.
Thanks for your reply now i know what to expect when having injector problems , i did the overhead set about 40k miles ago and everything looked up to par then.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )JHNDZ Wrote:  
(08-30-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Why are you having to run this test? You getting a check light? Engine misfiring or loosing power? Usually when you get a check engine light for injector it's because the injector needs replacing and engine is running rough. I know because I've replaced 3 injectors in 2 years and all thrown a code for #4 #5 #6. I've tested my fuel pressure test and failed before swapping out the fuel pump actuator. Now everything is good. I wouldn't be concerned if you are not getting a loss of power or check engine light. When my 3 cyl fuel pump needed replacing it was failing all 6 cylinders. Theres no way all 6 needed replacing. Check you're fuel vacumm before fuel pump and check fuel pressure after fuel pump.

You know , its prob. just me being over worried . The truck is running great i have no engine light at all . When connected with insite , it shows no active or pending codes . No loss of power at all or rough idle . The only reason i ran the test was to check the engine . i wanted to see how the engine was performing after the de-mandate. its been 30k miles since the "job" was done and i just wanted to be certain that im not doing more damage to truck .
thats pretty much it . i also had spare time the shipper took 2hrs. to load that day lol.
Thanks for your reply now i know what to expect when having injector problems , i did the overhead set about 40k miles ago and everything looked up to par then.

I don't care how much you "trust" the guy who made the de-mandate program. If it was not someone officially recommended by this forum then you need to pull a copy of that program out of that ECM ASAP! and have myself or one of those guys look at it to ensure it is safe. -- Otherwise you are only fooling yourself and taking a gamble where the odds are 90+% AGAINST you having a decent program. Don't be the next victim of a bad delete like all the hundreds and hundreds of fools that said, swore their engine was running great, exactly what you just said, only to cry later as their engine ate itself to death internally.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , JHNDZ , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.