Intake manifold
09-28-2018, (Subject: Intake manifold ) 
Intake manifold
Was talking to a couple driver last night in one of them was saying he upgraded his stock intake manifold to and aftermarket one in got a little bit more hp out of it was just wondering if anyone els has upgraded there in seen any improvement out of there motor..
replyreply
RE: Intake manifold
Which engine? My cm870 has the intake manifold which does improve air flow in higher horsepower engines, but on a 871 and the 2250/2350 its basically a waste of money.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I have the 2350 in the guy I was talking to had the same motor same he still got a little bit more hp out of it..not sure if he was tell the truth that's y I'm asking on here to find out the truth
replyreply
Unless he dyno'ed the truck before and after it is very hard to tell if an aftermarket add-on does any improvement or not. There are so many factors that can make it "feel" that you have more power vs an actual gain in performance which is what the big guys are anticipating you spending big money to make you think "wow, I have more power now!" When in reality you just lightened your wallet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I've got one. And the exhaust manifold. Without a doubt I noticed 0 improvements in power lol. The exhaust manifold is nice though, does lower temps a bit and not really a fan of the Cummins stock one that's got several gaskets or seals at each joint
replyreply
That y I figured I ask yall in see what yall thought ..I'll just keep my money in my wallet thanks
replyreply
mommaburt and myself were involved in the flow and dyno testing of the aftermarket 2250 and 2350 manifolds. They did improve flow to cylinders 1 and 6 due to better flow characteristics but the power on the dyno and the fuel usage was within our margin of error to see any gains no matter how hard we tried. They promote it as more power and mileage to this day but i know dam well there was not one ounce of power or fuel mileage measurable difference from stock - and we have the data to prove it.

What it comes down to is on the single cams the Intake is well capable of handling way over what that engine could ever consume for Mass Charge Flow and was designed well. Dont wast your money.

UNI
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , Signature620 , Rounded_nut , barf , DLC , 03maxpower
(09-28-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  mommaburt and myself were involved in the flow and dyno testing of the aftermarket 2250 and 2350 manifolds. They did improve flow to cylinders 1 and 6 due to better flow characteristics but the power on the dyno and the fuel usage was within our margin of error to see any gains no matter how hard we tried. They promote it as more power and mileage to this day but i know dam well there was not one ounce of power or fuel mileage measurable difference from stock - and we have the data to prove it.

What it comes down to is on the single cams the Intake is well capable of handling way over what that engine could ever consume for Mass Charge Flow and was designed well. Dont wast your money.

UNI

Thank that y I ask first befor I spend that money cause stuff ant cheep
replyreply
There is so much crap being sold for trucks that a person can't measure to make a driver "feel like it works" using the placebo effect than an owner-op can shake a stick at.

Some people will only start to realize the truth when you start showing them the fuel flow into the cylinders live and how it has not changed one damn bit, or the dyno comparison charts, or perhaps the fact they were simply lied to do they start to realize they have been had, and their own subconscious has fooled them. - Sad part is that now-a-days, some will still refuse to believe actual fact, calling it "opinion".

Some call me an a-hole on here for it, but I made this whole website and forum so that i can say what I think about all the stuff, as it was unpopular on all the other places a person can post their opinions because it conflicted with their sponsors.

I dislike force-fed advertisement, hate brainwashed testimonials, and I sure as hell can't stand gimmiks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , 03maxpower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.