Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
12-20-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
RE: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
Thinking of adding a fuel pressure gauge to my 2250. Seems to me that knowing the pressure at a glance would give us a better idea if was fuel or electrical issue in situations such as yours. I know glowshift makes a super high pressure gauge, 30,000psi
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
yeah, symptoms are odd but would lead me more to a ecm, electrical, loose ground .... something like that, bad battery?
replyreply
(12-20-2018 )redbeard Wrote:  Thinking of adding a fuel pressure gauge to my 2250. Seems to me that knowing the pressure at a glance would give us a better idea if was fuel or electrical issue in situations such as yours. I know glowshift makes a super high pressure gauge, 30,000psi
not sure what kinda hose you would use? and you wouldn't want those pressures in the cab with you ....
Insight is far safer :-)
replyreply
(12-20-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  yeah, symptoms are odd but would lead me more to a ecm, electrical, loose ground .... something like that, bad battery?

Ecm has been replaced
replyreply
12-21-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(12-20-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  The other day when I was broke down in mcalester,ok it was idling like crap on Monday. Then tues it was still running like crap but before they could hook up their computer it flipped a switch and ran great again

could be related to this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid16314

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tamip
Could be aftertreatment fuel solenoid valve. Is truck a stock or demandated?
Aftertreatment fuel comes from fuel pump section right after gear pump. If solenoid valve (located under fuel return manifold) is leaking it will dump fuel in the exhaust and create smoke. Of course if truck is stock it will screw all sensors reading down exhaust.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tamip
(12-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-20-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  The other day when I was broke down in mcalester,ok it was idling like crap on Monday. Then tues it was still running like crap but before they could hook up their computer it flipped a switch and ran great again

Very interesting. I just got off the phone with Jerry Mckneely and he said he had a truck in there doing the exact same thing as this one is and it was the Jake brake solenoid
replyreply
(12-21-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

Very interesting. I just got off the phone with Jerry Mckneely and he said he had a truck in there doing the exact same thing as this one is and it was the Jake brake solenoid
I was almost going to ask if you tried ..when it was acting up ...engaging jake or turning it off and on, maybe disable it? Right now everyone is throwing guesses and its costing you a fortune.
replyreply
when I am chasing ghosts .. what I want to do is have an effect? I want to do something that changes the issue? Sooooo when it starts acting up instead of babying it to the nearest shop ..fiddle with it. try the cruise control .. turn the jake on and off ...what your hoping for is having an effect. Stop in a safe place and get out pop the hood and tap on turbo ...egr ....wiggle wire loom ....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.