ISX rear structure leak
02-10-2019, (Subject: ISX rear structure leak ) 
ISX rear structure leak
I believe I have a rear structure oil leak I have oil running down the rear passenger side of my motor inside the bell housing is dry... am I missing anything?
What does this repair consist of and cost
replyreply
RE: ISX rear structure leak
It could be a bad cam shaft cover plate seal. I would start there.

Doing the rear structure involves pulling the trans, clutch, flywheel and motor mounts. Usually do a clutch job, rear motor mounts, and rear main seal as you have already paid all the labor to pull the components anyways.
replyreply
(02-10-2019 )earnies2 Wrote:  I believe I have a rear structure oil leak I have oil running down the rear passenger side of my motor inside the bell housing is dry... am I missing anything?
What does this repair consist of and cost

First make sure it is not a rear cover plate for one of the cams in the back side of the head. After that, if it is actually the flywheel housing leaking (rear structure), that is also not uncommon, but in almost every case where it fails or starts leaking, it is a sign of someone abusing the truck and engine like dumping the clutch a lot, or slamming the fuel pedal all the way to the floor in every gear as they drive. - I.E.> driving it like they stole it, or like an idiot.

edit: If the engine is old enough (million+ miles/several years) It can also be because the gasket is simply getting really old and starting to degrade (million+ miles). Seems to be one of the gaskets that does this before others in the engine go bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Mine started leaking after the clutch and rear motor mounts were done. I wish Mr. Hag had done that gasket while the trans was out....oh well. It just means i add a gallon at 12k miles...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.