Crankcase pressure
04-08-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
RE: Crankcase pressure
always rebuilld with OEM aftermark is china garbage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
04-09-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
(04-08-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  couldn't a person pull the rockers and actuate the intake valves by hand, measure the static flow rate for each cyl after it pressurizes the chamber with an EVAP machine (or a cheap welding machine flow meter)?.

just a curious thought.

Only if you drink a Busch light in between each cylinder lol jk well half kidding.

I had to Google what a EVAP machine was. Lol that's a good idea. I bet I could find the cylinder(S) with the problems. As loud as the air leaks sounds by the fill tube I imagine it would show up pretty easy.
replyreply
04-09-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
(04-09-2019 )race7820000 Wrote:  
(04-08-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  couldn't a person pull the rockers and actuate the intake valves by hand, measure the static flow rate for each cyl after it pressurizes the chamber with an EVAP machine (or a cheap welding machine flow meter)?.

just a curious thought.

Only if you drink a Busch light in between each cylinder lol jk well half kidding.

I had to Google what a EVAP machine was. Lol that's a good idea. I bet I could find the cylinder(S) with the problems. As loud as the air leaks sounds by the fill tube I imagine it would show up pretty easy.

I purchased an evap machine many years ago,.. was a wise investment, have found many leaks over the years with it.
here is the one I have: https://amzn.to/2LkgIeg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-13-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
I got the tool for flywheel to turn motor over easier.

When using a ratchet to turn over you can watch the psi stay around 20 on my cac gauge.

I have valve covers off now, nothing looks abnormal but going to check overhead.

When I do turn it over, it gets to a spot were u can hear the ratchet click cause I'm holding it and the air goes into the exhaust and won't build pressure anymore. It does it on the same cyl. When it does this the motor turns over by itself till it gets past either a valve closing or whatever its doing.

I need to find the exact cyl.

You get past it and the system holds air again.

I'm. Not talking about releasing the air sound from a intake valve putting air in then closing, I'm talking bout a spot we're one of the cyclinders I takes open and when it does gauge goes to zero and the air leak noise is louder.
replyreply
could be a cracked piston/bad rings/broken-bent valve on exhaust side so when intake opens its able to blow through.
replyreply
Is it possible the over head is so tight that it's doing that?
replyreply
F*** it, I'm tearing it apart. It obviously has issues lol I'll post pics when I get head off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Volvo8873
Ied say if you have the time and tools to do it do as your saying if you dont find anything replace a couple gaskets and peice of mind.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard
04-14-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
(04-13-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Ied say if you have the time and tools to do it do as your saying if you dont find anything replace a couple gaskets and peice of mind.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure once you pull the head you have to cut the bores and in frame it or you'll have head gasket problems soon after.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.