ISX 15 deleted
04-27-2019, (Subject: ISX 15 deleted ) 
RE: ISX 15 deleted
one of the members on here if you have an chinese inline 6 can also remote fix your truck when they have time. just getting by is most likely either going to probably cost another turbo if not an entire engine before you make enough money to buy another possible issue of a truck. 20+psi on the newer engines is like trying to put down 1/2 to 3/4 of rated horse power. at 42 PSI you are leaning the hell out of the truck and risking melted pistons/valves/turbos 42PSI and correct fueling would be like making 800+ HP but your not fueling for the boost and shes gona get hot.
replyreply
04-28-2019, (Subject: ISX 15 deleted ) 
(04-27-2019 )Rnttrans Wrote:  Yes I know about leaning the hard way just dont have money right now being down for 3 weeks and putting out 28000 for turbos. Looking at getting another non deleted truck. I screwed big time by the guy i bought this one from just trying to get some money right now

Maybe you can send your ECM out to GearHead's shop and have them install the correct programing for your motor and CPL? I hear they do this and overnight it back to you.

https://www.facebook.com/pricesdiesel/

Or maybe someone here could do it and ship it back to you.

Then call Yiyito Turbo, they are down the street from Mr Haggs.

https://www.facebook.com/YiyitoTurboService/

Get the proper turbo, quite a few of us running his reman units here with no issues. Half the price of what a Cummins reman costs and much better quality.

I would also remove your cans and inspect, make sure proper procedures were followed. That includes dropping the SCR can. I bet nothing has been done in that regard, and you are just cooking the motor.

Hope this helps and good luck.
replyreply
I just read on another post that Gearhead is working on his own or from home. Is he still connected to Price Diesel? I'd love to recommend people to go there since they're on the East Coast and easily accessible from Baltimore. But if Gearhead's not doing the work directly, I'd be willing to bet your getting a copy and paste style tune.
replyreply
(04-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I just read on another post that Gearhead is working on his own or from home. Is he still connected to Price Diesel? I'd love to recommend people to go there since they're on the East Coast and easily accessible from Baltimore. But if Gearhead's not doing the work directly, I'd be willing to bet your getting a copy and paste style tune.

I'm hearing the same, but I sent a guy over there last year with his 870. I was told the guy doing the work was top notch, Chris, did all of the needed work and truck is running great. But, that does not mean it hasn't changed, and I haven't heard any bad reports. I don't know what is up with GearHead...
replyreply
(04-27-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  ...
42PSI and correct fueling would be like making 800+ HP

The rest of what you said is correct, but actually the ISX cannot handle 42 psi (especially a 2250 ) no matter how many HP you are trying to make with it.

A 2250 tops out at about 780HP, then runs out of fuel in the fueling system. This is even with the help of a pre-pump to boost its pressure/flow. This being the case, it still can only handle about 38 psi boost pressure or so.

Even the more robust CM871 only needs 38-39 psi to make 1,000+ HP, not that I would encourage such a thing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-28-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I just read on another post that Gearhead is working on his own or from home. Is he still connected to Price Diesel? I'd love to recommend people to go there since they're on the East Coast and easily accessible from Baltimore. But if Gearhead's not doing the work directly, I'd be willing to bet your getting a copy and paste style tune.

I'm hearing the same, but I sent a guy over there last year with his 870. I was told the guy doing the work was top notch, Chris, did all of the needed work and truck is running great. But, that does not mean it hasn't changed, and I haven't heard any bad reports. I don't know what is up with GearHead...

Yes gearhead still own's Price's it's his shop, an yes he doesn't do anymore wrenching on trucks he trained Chris to do that so the quality of work should be the same. Yes he still does tuning but he does more his big customers an friends he's gone somewhat underground to shield himself an his shop, from the {man} and them going on a rampage shutting down shops doing deletes.

Like this story here https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/05/fi..._with.html
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Waterloo , Chamberpains , ZeroNthedark
Thanks for all the replies. Right now it's set at 499 hp and 1850 torque. That's all the info I have on it right now. Ordered the 6 wont be here for a few days though.
replyreply
04-29-2019, (Subject: ISX 15 deleted ) 
Not sure where you are located but if you are anywhere near SD send me a pm and you can come by and use my stuff to let Uni see what butcher job is in that ecm and get it corrected.
replyreply
04-30-2019, (Subject: ISX 15 deleted ) 
{post deleted}. was posted in the wrong thread. That post should have been somewhere else.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.