CM 871 won’t regen
05-07-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
RE: CM 871 won’t regen
   Here is a picture of the egr/intake tube. Nothing looks abnormal to me how about to you guys?
replyreply
Is that wet or just shiny
replyreply
Shiny only...the report is no added coolant since overhaul.

TIO
replyreply
   Imap...
replyreply
   Turbo outlet oil trail?

Doser injector looks just fine?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
            How much oil is too much oil????
replyreply
(05-07-2019 )theironoracle Wrote:  Imap...

IMAP and Venturi port looks oily to me. could be your culprit thats clogging the DOC.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: theironoracle
05-08-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
At this point I can’t locate an oil leak so it will go back together and let r develop! I hate doing this but my only other choice is to disassemble the engine and throw parts at it. It could be my poor judgement in pressure washing the cans has caused this. From what I understand about this now I didn’t actually clean anything and I could have made it worse. Let’s say it’s valve guides in the reman head. I could never prove this and actually get someone to warranty it! I’ll try to update the forum in the fall or sooner if something develops. I appreciate all the attention and insight.

TIO
replyreply
05-08-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
(05-08-2019 )theironoracle Wrote:  ..
Let’s say it’s valve guides in the reman head. I could never prove this and actually get someone to warranty it!

yeah you can,... pull the exhaust manifold and inspect the stems for wetness.

You can also do a simple check by letting engine cool off all the way, pulling away the Doser pipe and hold a piece of paper a couple inches behind the turbo exhaust outlet and have someone crank the engine,.. see if the paper gets spattered with oil.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos , theironoracle , Chamberpains , Waterloo , DSTdriver , 2dlb

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.