EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
05-04-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
You want to search Cummins Inline 6 on eBay. I think most all of us here bought ours from Hong Kong or China. One thing to note, shipping from Hong Kong is usually much faster than shipping from China.
replyreply
05-05-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(05-04-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  You want to search Cummins Inline 6 on eBay. I think most all of us here bought ours from Hong Kong or China. One thing to note, shipping from Hong Kong is usually much faster than shipping from China.

Thank for the come back. So when I look that up on eBay do I need the data link adapter or just the 6 pin adapter cable, and when I look up under the dash the plug is 9 pin? As you can tell I’m not a wiz at computer stuff.
replyreply
05-05-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
This came up in a search. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...SwIJlZ9U~7

This is the entire kit with all needed adapters, reader and software to gain access to your ECM. Everything is there, including the adapter to plug in to the OBD connection. Best to use Windows 7, but Windows 10 will work, it is just a bear to get operating. I needed help, I would still be attempting to load the software if not for Nialo. I'm PC illiterate too.

If you simply need a single adapter, and already have the Cummins Inline reader, someone may know where to purchase those parts separately.

The kit I linked to above is the one I use, as do most of the guys here, including Rawze.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid , LargeCar
05-14-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Can someone explain a misfire to me. Changed fuel injector due to a lot of counts of misfire.7 days later had 24 counts. Changed file 9 days later have 9 counts. Peterbilt mechanic says more than likely I have a cracked valve seat or bad rings on that cylinder. I don’t fully understand a number of misfires. My brain thinks if I’ve got bad rings or a crack wouldn’t it just be a dead hole or 1million misfires. Something consistent. I have a friend who’s leaning towards ecm or harness. Any thoughts on this
replyreply
05-15-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Hello All, can anyone out there help me improve my fuel economy and my motor longevity? I have the kit and windows 7 . I know a computer guy and wondering if its something he can install and does it have to be maintained and updated in the future?
replyreply
05-15-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
once you have at a minimum insite 7.6.2 thats all you need. once you have it installed when you open it you will have to email the vendor you bought it from with the code it gives you to get the unlock code.
replyreply
05-16-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(05-15-2019 )Bloodyirish Wrote:  Hello All, can anyone out there help me improve my fuel economy and my motor longevity?

Yeah,,.. do the EGR tune-up, overhead valve adjustment, inspections, pressure tests, etc. and all the other stuff needed to get the enigne and truck back into good shape again.

Also install boost and pyro gauges into the dash ( if you don't have them) and start driving by them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
Aloha gents. Got an 08 Kenworth t800 CM871 250,000 miles. We're on a small island so the truck never goes over 50mph, lots of hilly terrain and stop and go type driving. Truck was purchased new and has had it's fair share of issues. New dpf, 4 turbos w/actuators, egr valve, ect. 4 years ago truck had an engine fire, replaced everything that was burned and got her back on the road. Last year EGR cooler gets an internal leak and rather then pour money into that crap we (employer) decided on removal. Wont say who, but we got a fancy cylindrical metal thing, I made the block off plates my self, and we sent the ECM out to them. After said and done truck ran fine, but had 2 codes active, and the turbo surged at idle. The "tuners" thought that was weird and said they would help fix it. We ran the truck for some months then brought it in for PM, suspension, and during the down time mail the ECM out again. "Tuners" said they updated their tune. Upon driving there is no power boost wont go over 27. Ended up buying the whole Diagnostic system from the "Tuners". So far I calibrated the actuator on the turbo and checked codes. 1) differential pressure 2) dpf temp decided to do some research and discovered Rawze, thank God, haven't contacted the "Tuners" yet because I already know where this is head. So here I am looking for some help. Thank you all in advance.
replyreply
(05-16-2019 )Johnny_bots Wrote:  ..
4 turbos w/actuators

That is not normal at all. that low mileage, did anyone bother to tear one down and find out why there was failure? - Replacing things over and over without discovery does not cure problems, but only wastes money.

(05-16-2019 )Johnny_bots Wrote:  ...
I made the block off plates my self, and we sent the ECM out to them. After said and done truck ran fine, but had 2 codes active, and the turbo surged at idle. The "tuners" thought that was weird and said they would help fix it. We ran the truck for some months then brought it in for PM, suspension, and during the down time mail the ECM out again. "Tuners" said they updated their tune. Upon driving there is no power boost wont go over 27. Ended up buying the whole Diagnostic system from the "Tuners". So far I calibrated the actuator on the turbo and checked codes. 1) differential pressure 2) dpf temp decided to do some research and discovered Rawze, thank God, haven't contacted the "Tuners" yet because I already know where this is head. So here I am looking for some help. Thank you all in advance.

sounds like the broken record of all too familiar hack-n-slash guesswork butcher tuning, but I will temporarily stay objective until I see it. - I would suggest you have the programming examined right away for an objective opinion. Either pull a copy of the program out of the engine and e-mail it to me for inspection or get with mommaburt or unilevers on here so they can perhaps help you remotely.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.