2754 fault code
05-19-2019, (Subject: 2754 fault code ) 
2754 fault code
Hello new guy here. I've been lurking for a while reading up on the isx. The wife and i just purchased a 2013 kenworth t800 and are on our way home with it. It threw a check engine light yesterday evening so we stopped for the night.

Here is what i know.
-340k miles
-The dash flashed code 2754
-I read about trouble shooting this code and it appears it can be a number of things. Charge air cooler and piping leaks. Turbo failure.
- pulled the intake boot from the turbo and can see some contact is being made between the turbine and the housing.
- we are in spearfish south dakota

Here is my question: Does it seem reasonable to think i could get to souix falls about 360 miles to the cummins dealer? Or recommend another shop?

Posting from my phone in a hotel room. Hopefully the pictures work.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: 2754 fault code
Turbo photo

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
If you need a new turbo, and it looks like you do, give these guys a call Monday morning, EST. Have them overnight a turbo to you, I would not waste my money on a Cummins reman.

YTS Turbo
296 Wilson Rd
Griffin, Georgia 30223
787-675-1768

https://www.facebook.com/YiyitoTurboService/

They are right down the street from Mr Hagg's shop. I have been running one for about a year now, no issues. 100% better quality than any of the three Cummins turbos I have replaced on my motor.

As far as will it make it... Maybe Rawze or one of the more knowledeble guys will chime in... Me, I would not run it, my luck is legend around here, so I am rightfully paranoid.

You will need the actuator inspected to, that is the box on top of the turbo. That may have taken a bath too... I believe YTS handles those too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: robeakin , DSTdriver , Magard
(05-19-2019 )robeakin Wrote:  Hello new guy here. I've been lurking for a while reading up on the isx. The wife and i just purchased a 2013 kenworth t800 and are on our way home with it. It threw a check engine light yesterday evening so we stopped for the night.

Here is what i know.
-340k miles
-The dash flashed code 2754
-I read about trouble shooting this code and it appears it can be a number of things. Charge air cooler and piping leaks. Turbo failure.
- pulled the intake boot from the turbo and can see some contact is being made between the turbine and the housing.
- we are in spearfish south dakota

Here is my question: Does it seem reasonable to think i could get to souix falls about 360 miles to the cummins dealer? Or recommend another shop?

Posting from my phone in a hotel room. Hopefully the pictures work.

from the turbo photo,.. i would say "DO NOT DRIVE IT ANY MORE!@ -- IN FACT -- DO NOT EVEN CRANK THE ENGINE AGAIN!!!!!!!"
until the turbo has been replaced.

-- The impeller shaft or bearing is bad. - It would only take a tiny bit more damage and that thing could throw pressurized oil into the charge air cooler, and into the engine,.. it going into runaway and destroying the engine. It is not worth the risk of even cranking it up at this point. - If you don't have a way to replace the turbo on the side of the road where your at,.. HAVE IT TOWED! - Risk of cranking it or even driving it 10 feet is not worth loosing a $36,000 engine!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , robeakin , DSTdriver , Magard , hhow55
Very Very valuable advice you just got from those 2 guys.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: robeakin
Excellent. Thanks for the advice. I have made contact with the company i bought the truck from and they are working on a solution for me. Will let you know what happens from here.
replyreply
(05-19-2019 )robeakin Wrote:  Excellent. Thanks for the advice. I have made contact with the company i bought the truck from and they are working on a solution for me. Will let you know what happens from here.

Good deal, like Rawze stated, don't run that thing. Two motors in two years here, nothing to mess with. Good luck, and keep us informed!
replyreply
To bad your on the opposite end of the state. im over here by sioux falls and could recommend a great shop for wrench work and diagnostics without following a computers demands.

Good luck out there i dont know if theres any shops in spearfish but theres a few in rapid city along with dealers that should have a turbo on hand if you cant wait but from plenty of experiences here that dealer turbo might last years or in smorgans case a week or so ago it might only last about 10miles.

so if you have time follow waterloos advice and ring up YTS.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(05-19-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  To bad your on the opposite end of the state. im over here by sioux falls and could recommend a great shop for wrench work and diagnostics without following a computers demands.

Good luck out there i dont know if theres any shops in spearfish but theres a few in rapid city along with dealers that should have a turbo on hand if you cant wait but from plenty of experiences here that dealer turbo might last years or in smorgans case a week or so ago it might only last about 10miles.

so if you have time follow waterloos advice and ring up YTS.

Two reman Cummins turbos here in 6 months... I would not trust the dealer.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.